Caught cheating

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Caught cheating

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Several years ago my wife and I arrived at the Texas Tech vs Baylor football game to find we were seated directly behind an elderly couple probably in their 80's. The lady was dressed in Baylor green and gold, and her husband in Texas Tech red and black. We struck up a conversation and learned she had been a Baylor cheerleader and he was a Tech football letterman. They had attended every Tech/Baylor football game for over 50 years! The lady was an animated and passionate fan of Baylor. What followed listening to that couple was probably the most entertainIng football game I've ever attended. My wife and I still laugh about it. Here is an example of what went on all afternoon:

Tech won the toss and received. On the first play from scrimmage, a Baylor defensive lineman jumped offside, drawing a penalty flag. As the official was marking off the penalty, the elderly lady asked her husband "what happened? Why are they doing that?" He replied with great satisfaction "they caught your boys cheatin' on the first play!"

Have to admit before that I had never thought of football penalties as "caught cheating", but ever since then......... :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Caught cheating

Post by treefarmer »

::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Great story. Thanks for posting it. 8)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Sounds like he could have been talking about the Patriots.
Roger
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

There used to be similar couple in Tuscaloosa, Ala. They actually lived not very far from Coach Bryant.

They had an immaculate 1931 Ford two door sedan that they drove around on Game Day and in numerous parades. Husband and wife each waving to the crowds through their respective windows

The car, however, was divided in two, from front to back.

The driver's side was painted crimson and had the letter "A" and UA elephant logo painted on the door.

The passenger's side was painted blue and had the letter "A and War Eagle Auburn logo painted on the door.

It was actually a beautiful car.......................if seen from the driver's side.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Mostly True Stories”