Things I Learned Because of Dad

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
montemojo

Re: Things I Learned Because of Dad

Post by montemojo »

Thanks Colonel and Orvet, so many people think this world is it and dont think about the next. Sad isn't it.

Monte
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

montemojo wrote:Thanks Colonel and Orvet, so many people think this world is it and dont think about the next. Sad isn't it.

Monte
Even more than sad it's like being blind and denying the existence of light or color because you can't perceive them.
There are many things in this world that I cannot see or sense without some sort of assistance. I can't see microbes without a microscope, but just because I don't have a microscope doesn't mean I don't believe they exist.
Physicist tell me that I am made up of atoms and molecules. I trust what they tell me is a reasonable facsimile of what really exists even though it is all part of a scientific theory. A person who believes atomic theory to be false will not be looking for atoms and molecules, therefore he probably won't know what they are even if he happens to stumble across them.
I think it's kind of like that with God and the spiritual world (heavenly spiritual world, not the bad spiritual world), if we don't believe that God, the Holy Spirit or Angels exist then we won't see them or see evidence of them.
I have never seen the wind although I have seen its effect on trees and even on houses.
I can no more see God than I can see the wind; but I can see the effect of both!

I look at this life as boot camp, a training ground, for real LIFE! ::ds::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Dale, I like you believe this world is a training ground and the scientist with out knowing are just confirming what God has already told us that we are made from dust. I beleive this is just one of the ways satin works to derail us from our ultimate goal. It is just as one of our fellow AAPK members has at the bottom of his post. "Man makes plans and God laughs" our science is always changing from what was once believed true is cotinually being found to be false. That has never happened with the word of God. Hopefully one day I will see you and the rest here in Heaven Hallelujah and may God bless all!

Monte
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Wow! This thread is gettin' better every time I read a post!
It's so good to read about people who have experienced God's grace!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “Mostly True Stories”