Tuna Valley Knives I Need!

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
tunefink

Tuna Valley Knives I Need!

Post by tunefink »

Guys, I am new to AAPK, but not to knives. I spend most of my efforts collecting Randall's, but have also collected a bunch of folders from over the years. Collecting Randall knives allowed me to know Perry Miller. He was a dear friend.

When Perry revived the Tuna Valley knife brand, I bought a few from him. In the last couple of years I have been buying each model offered in burnt stag.

So, I still need a few patterns to complete my mini collection. Please let me know if you have any of the following for sale in burnt stag:

2012 - Lockback Trapper with spear blade
2012 - Swing Guard
2013 - Swell Center Moose
2015 - Railplitter
2017 - Humpback Whittler

Email me at tunefink@gmail.com

Thanks,

Mitchell Harrison
www.randallmadeknife.com
kootenay joe

Re: Tuna Valley Knives I Need!

Post by kootenay joe »

Welcome to AAPK. I hope you will stay around and make a few posts as well as do your knife seeking.
I have a Tuna Valley 3 7/8" EO Jack with mammoth handles that i would like to sell. It is not one of the knives on your list but if you care to have a look, i have it posted for sale here at AAPK: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56333&p=643039&hilit=Tuna#p643039
kj
tunefink

Post by tunefink »

KJ,

Thanks for the welcome and the offer, but I am after the burnt stags for now. Too many knives, too little money!
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Mitchell you can pick some of them up at the Blade Show . If you don't get any here
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Mitchell,
I am new to knives. Trying to learn as much as I can. I had never even heard of Tuna Valley until I started hanging out on the AAPK forum. They seem to make a really quality product. I love stag (mostly Case knives) and would really like to see some pictures of your Tuna Valley collection.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
tunefink

Post by tunefink »

Larry, I don't have any pictures that would rival the thread rookie has in the TVK forum. Check it out.

KK, I plan on looking. I have already made contact with Plumbob. He said he would have a bunch.

If you get bored and are looking for Randall Made Knives, I am at table 17 - U.

Mitchell Harrison
http://www.randallmadeknife.com
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

tunefink wrote:Larry, I don't have any pictures that would rival the thread rookie has in the TVK forum. Check it out.

KK, I plan on looking. I have already made contact with Plumbob. He said he would have a bunch.

If you get bored and are looking for Randall Made Knives, I am at table 17 - U.

Mitchell Harrison
http://www.randallmadeknife.com
The same to you I will be at Table 12T with about 40 Randalls & Some Vintage AL-Mars ::ds:: ::ds::
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Tunafink, I'm happy to meet another Tuna Valley collector.

I wish you good luck finding the Swing Guard, I've been looking for quite some time for that one. I know a guy who has 2 of them (that are not for sale), and I gave him my name in case he ever decides to part with one. All the other Swing Guards I've ever found for sale are either missing the guard, or were the EDC variety without the tube/coa.

I got my spear lockback trapper from Plumbob, he has a huge collection of TV knives and offers them at a fair price. He likely will have most of the knives you are looking for, except for the Swing Guard.

The humpback is still available from dealer sites. JSR has 2 of them available right now.
Carl B.
tunefink

Post by tunefink »

Rookie,

Thanks for the welcome. I plan to catch Plumbob at Blade. As for the swing guard...... the search is part of the fun!

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”