Stabber Jack

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
kootenay joe

Stabber Jack

Post by kootenay joe »

"Stabber Jack" is a term i picked up from Bernard Levine. He defines it as "a stout swell center jack with a saber ground spear master blade". He also uses the term "Stabber pattern" for a "cheap regular jack with a single spear blade".
This 4 1/2" Tuna Valley knife is a sleeveboard shape not swell center, but it is not "cheap". Looking at it i am sure you will agree: single spear point blade with full length saber grind on both sides and it locks into place when open, makes it very capable of stabbing.
Actually this knife is what a Stabber Jack should be with a long saber ground, locking spear point blade.
Thanks to Rookie for telling me of this knife available in a recent Voyles auction.
kj
Attachments
IMGP3249.JPG
IMGP3251.JPG
IMGP3253.JPG
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Stabber Jack

Post by royal0014 »

Very nice Joe.
::nod:: ::tu::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I'd certainly call it a stabber jack. Beautiful knife!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Certainly impressive. I think this is the first traditional pocket knife pattern I've seen that looks "weaponly." [May all my English teachers forgive me.]
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Joe, that is a great looking knife.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for the comments. Does anyone know if Tuna Valley has brought this one out as a Swing Guard ? A guard to protect your hand would make this a "Safety Stabber Jack".
kj
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I was finally able to come across one with the swing guard.
Attachments
2012-tuna-swing-burnt-02web.jpg
Carl B.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:"Stabber Jack" is a term i picked up from Bernard Levine. He defines it as "a stout swell center jack with a saber ground spear master blade". He also uses the term "Stabber pattern" for a "cheap regular jack with a single spear blade".
This 4 1/2" Tuna Valley knife is a sleeveboard shape not swell center, but it is not "cheap". Looking at it i am sure you will agree: single spear point blade with full length saber grind on both sides and it locks into place when open, makes it very capable of stabbing.
Actually this knife is what a Stabber Jack should be with a long saber ground, locking spear point blade.
Thanks to Rookie for telling me of this knife available in a recent Voyles auction.
kj

Elegant is the word that comes to mind when I see this knife. I assume the handle is ebony? I’m envious that’s a great knife.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Rookie, that is a Fantastic looking knife: great design and great Stag, perhaps the best new knife i have seen in 2018.
Made by Queen, right ?
kj
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Yes KJ, Queen made. The knife is essentially the same as your ebony version, just with the added guards, and different handle material. They were all made at the same time at Queen in 2012, and all released for sale at the same time. 50 made of each one.
Carl B.
wlf

Post by wlf »

I used to collect some of this pattern and was interested in the Tuna Valleys, with Ryan and Ken being local. Nice ones Rookie and Roland.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”