KnifeMasters - The World's Best Sharpener?

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

KnifeMasters - The World's Best Sharpener?

Post by bestgear »

Does anyone have any experience with this outfit: http://sharpenedge.homestead.com/index.html

For $200 you get a 3400 RPM belt sander, 80, 600, 800, & 1,000 grit belts, a leather stropping belt, stropping compound, a diamond serration file, safety glasses and on-line instructional videos.

Is this a good deal? I don't see any brand name on the sander. They also offer a business opportunity for those who are looking for a part-time or full-time income which "gives you everything you need to start a successful home-based business".

Any thoughts?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: KnifeMasters - The World's Best Sharpener?

Post by Colonel26 »

The machine looks an awful lot like the $30 chicom machine I bought at Harbor Freight a couple years ago. I bet it's the same thing. Belts can be bought cheap from jantz.

It looks like someone has packages easy to source parts and is charging you a premium for the packaging.

I do use mine a lot to set bevels/fix chips or bad sharpening jobs. I'd rather have a bit nicer smoother running machine, but these are cheap, and disposable.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”