original TUNA VALLEY

Tuna Valley Cutlery Co., Excelsior Knife Co., & Napanoch Knife Co. are three popular brands currently controlled by The Daniels family. These are old names that went dormant for years, but have since been brought back to life with modern offerings. This forum is here to discuss & show off knives & related items with brand names under the Daniels Family umbrella.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

original TUNA VALLEY

Post by PA Knives »

If anyone is interested in owning an original TUNA VALLEY from the early 1900's, I have a contact. Pearl and in excellent condition. I think the price is about $800 which is a fair amount for this super rare piece. Not mine, I make nothing, just thought I would pass this on. contact me and I can hook you up.

The rarest CASE related Stamp.
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: original TUNA VALLEY

Post by Rookie »

Hi, I believe that my grandfather is the person you are referring to. We met at the Case show in July. If anyone here has questions about it, or if they want to see a picture, I should be able to get one. Thanks.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

I finally remembered to bring my camera today when I went to my grandfathers. Here is the knife. 1906 Tuna Valley (Case Bros.) pearl ladies knife, very rare, very petite.
Attachments
DSC01060-lo.jpg
DSC01061-lo.jpg
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wow! Way out f my league, but that is one fine looking knife! Beautiful!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

One mistake though, it was not "CASE BROS" this was the collaboration of Case of Bradford and Platt's of Eldred when they combined. They competed with CASE BROS and eventually won by buying them out.
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"

Return to “Daniels Family Knife Brands Forum”