A Rough Ryder forum is needed

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
cudgee

Re: A Rough Ryder forum is needed

Post by cudgee »

Dinadan wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:21 am
cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:02 am I never log in, because i never log out. I will log out then back in.
Here you go Cudgee - this is what you see on the main page, once you scroll down a bit. Note that Rough Rider Knife Forum is a sub forum under Chinese-made knives.
Forum12.jpg
Somehow, I do not think that bigshot is ever going to be satisfied with this forum and its members.
Thanks mate, i sometimes wonder if i should be allowed out on my own. ::mdm:: ::mdm:: ::mdm:: :lol: You have a good and safe Christmas my friend. ::tu:: ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:23 am
cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:09 am
Madmarco wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:58 am
It's the page that reads "Board Index" Cudgee, the same page that appears right after you log-in! Hope that helps! 8)
Got ya now. Thanks for your explanation. I did fail plasticine at school. :? :? :? :lol: You have a Merry and Safe Christmas my friend. ::handshake:: :D
You are most welcome bud! ::handshake:: Don't feel too bad, I flunked recess in school! ::facepalm:: And a very merry and safe holiday season to you too Cudgee! 8)
You flunked recess, that is very clever and very funny. ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::watching_you::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Dinadan wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:21 am
cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:02 am I never log in, because i never log out. I will log out then back in.
Here you go Cudgee - this is what you see on the main page, once you scroll down a bit. Note that Rough Rider Knife Forum is a sub forum under Chinese-made knives.
Forum12.jpg
Somehow, I do not think that bigshot is ever going to be satisfied with this forum and its members.
I tend to agree with you Mel! ::handshake:: Seems like ever since he first arrived he's been wanting to change stuff, so perhaps a forum of his own would satisfy him, perhaps not! That way he could arrange everything the way he wants it and also be the one who deals with members who always want to change things! It has never even crossed my mind to suggest making changes to a forum that seemed absolutely perfect from my first day! I feel this whole controversy has boiled down to a battle of wills, with most of us being quite content with the AAPK set-up, so let's wait n' see who gives first, and I seriously doubt it will be administration! Live and let live I always say! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:32 am
Madmarco wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:23 am
cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:09 am
Got ya now. Thanks for your explanation. I did fail plasticine at school. :? :? :? :lol: You have a Merry and Safe Christmas my friend. ::handshake:: :D
You are most welcome bud! ::handshake:: Don't feel too bad, I flunked recess in school! ::facepalm:: And a very merry and safe holiday season to you too Cudgee! 8)
You flunked recess, that is very clever and very funny. ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::watching_you::
And not easy to do either! ::rotflol:: 8)
8)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

It seems to be readily apparent that not everyone is as enthusiastic about RR knives as bigshot. He mentioned he might just go to another forum if things didn't go his way:
bigshot wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:31 am There are no new threads in the new forum. I didn't even know it existed until someone pointed it out to me. It doesn't show up on the main page. It takes two clicks to get to. Is that an accident or is it intentional? The purpose of creating a new forum for Rough Ryders was to give them peer status with other brands on the forum, not to banish them to a hidden sub forum you have to know is there. It should be equal with all of the other brands in the brand list on the main page.

I'm willing to spend time photographing my collection and adding content to this forum, but I don't want to do that if it isn't wanted. I get the feeling that this forum doesn't want to feature inexpensive knives. Is that the case? If so, I'll stop bothering the admins and move on to somewhere that is interested in what I have to share. I have to admit, this has knocked the wind out of my sails.
I suppose we'll wait and see just as Madmarco suggested. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
eveled

Post by eveled »

While I agree no changes are necessary this forum is the best I’ve ever used. Bryan does a great job. He is like the wizard of oz. The man behind the curtain keeping it all running. Kudos and heartfelt thank you to him. I do have some observations.

The Chinese forum is set up like the European one. They have specific brands on top that people probably skip over and go right to the “Topics”

When you open the page it looks like the RR FORUM is the title, then below it is the Topics of the forum. It is confusing. It should display like the US forum. Instead of Topics it should say Other Chinese Brands.
6B2DC253-5703-4D4C-92C8-0639E156A109.png
The US forum has all the brands in the body not the header. Then at the bottom “other brands”
B14F268F-40F1-4D59-BF41-8AE57B6993E1.png
The European forum has the same issues as the Chinese one but there are 2 manufacturers listed so it looks less like a header. By the way Kudos to all the SAK fanboys for not whining. “We need a SAK specific forum”
04E7927D-2C56-4789-B098-B67167C288D2.png
eveled

Post by eveled »

As far as the complaints about no new threads in the RR forum. I’ll start a few. But I don’t have many.

Instead of people complaining here that there is no participation the need to participate.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

eveled wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:15 pm As far as the complaints about no new threads in the RR forum. I’ll start a few. But I don’t have many.

Instead of people complaining here that there is no participation the need to participate.
Perhaps the participation is low because the interest is low.
It really has nothing to do with AAPK format.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

edge213 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:51 pm
eveled wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:15 pm As far as the complaints about no new threads in the RR forum. I’ll start a few. But I don’t have many.

Perhaps the participation is low because the interest is low.
It really has nothing to do with AAPK format.
::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

I'm just going to post in the Chinese forum and perhaps the General forum. I give up. And would people please stop PMing me telling me how awful China is? I really don't care about your political opinions. It's obvious that the resistance to the Rough Ryder forum has nothing to do with knives.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

bigshot wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:42 pm I'm just going to post in the Chinese forum and perhaps the General forum. I give up. And would people please stop PMing me telling me how awful China is? I really don't care about your political opinions. It's obvious that the resistance to the Rough Ryder forum has nothing to do with knives.
You have really brought this on yourself!
First, you use the name bigshot which does sound presumptuous at best. You have barely been a member two months and you've spent most of that time telling us how to run our forum, and how we are doing it all wrong and we must be prejudiced against Rough Ryder knives.

You bring up a topic that is inherently political by virtue of current events, or maybe you haven't watched the news lately with all of the saber rattling the China and Russia have been doing in the last couple months.
We have/had AAPK members who were Korean War veterans fighting directly against the Chinese Army. We have a lot of Vietnam veterans here, China not only supplied rockets, munitions, guns, bullets to the North Vietnamese and the Vietcong, they also provided troops and advisors, fighting directly against American troops.
There's a lot of good men on AAPK who have dodged enough Chinese steel that they don't feel good about buying it, and there is no doubt some who still carry a little bit a Chinese steel in their bodies.
To you it's an abstract idea which has to do with nothing but political opinions. To these men it was life-and-death!
Please don't insult their honor and their sacrifice by pretending it's all about politics!

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well stated Dale! Case CLOSED! 8)
8)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Good post Dale
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

I have absolutely no interest in politics. I really like Rough Ryder knives. I collect them. I think they are great values for the money, and I like the variety of patterns and handle styles. I would like to discuss them with other people who appreciate them. Rough Ryders are widely reviewed and discussed on YouTube by dozens of YouTubers. There is a very active forum on Facebook with lots of great info. All of these are free of political axe grinding. They are people talking about knives.

I think this forum has a small belligerent contingent that wants to shout down people who are interested in things that they themselves aren't. I've met this "welcome wagon" in PM and they've unmasked themselves where other people won't see what they're really saying. I have no interest in interacting with them. I'll just post about knives as long as I can without them making it impossible for me.

I wish there was just a way to block the obnoxious ones, because they really are the minority. If they weren't so loud, everything would be fine. It's absurd to think that the fate of mom's apple pie and the American bald eagle rests on what brand of pocket knife you collect. Especially when the person wrapping themselves in the flag is doing it while typing on a computer from Walmart that was made in China.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

I've been a member of this forum for many years, early on I only had mai l Chinese pocket knives as in the uk outlets for anything else is scarce , many members including Dale have done many a kind gesture of sending me old U.S made knives that are extremely hard to get here, I also feel I was the reason the Chinese section was added, I still buy RR's and the odd new schrade, I prefer old pocket knives when I can find them , but I totally understand how many members feel as this is what's happened to our knife industry from Sheffield.
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Would someone help me and tell me which thread I should post on the next time I want to show a Rough Ryder knife. There are so many now I'm just not sure. I think I counted 8 total dealing with RR and RRR.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:54 pm Would someone help me and tell me which thread I should post on the next time I want to show a Rough Ryder knife. There are so many now I'm just not sure. I think I counted 8 total dealing with RR and RRR.
Dave, You can of course create a new thread for any RR that you want to show off. I am not sure if I will do that or just add more posts to the old Rough Riders! topic. Really, a new thread would probably get more attention. On the other hand, a lot of knife specific threads have come and gone while the Rough Riders! general topic has kept going.
Mel
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:54 pm Would someone help me and tell me which thread I should post on the next time I want to show a Rough Ryder knife. There are so many now I'm just not sure. I think I counted 8 total dealing with RR and RRR.
Try this:
viewforum.php?f=79

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

I'd suggest posting a new thread with the pattern number in the title. That way people can search for a particular knife and read what people think of it. It's difficult to find specific models in long rambling threads. Use of tags is very helpful.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

ENOUGH!!!
I was being facetious about all this in my previous post. We don't need 50 different threads for Rough Ryder knives or any other brand.
Like Dale said in his post you come in here and try to tell them how to run the forum instead of getting to know folks and simply sharing the knives in your collection. Leave it up to Bryan and the Administrators, it's their job to make those kinds of decisions. And if you want to make suggestions for change there is a proper way to do it.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

There are 2,797 threads on Case knives. There are enough patterns and styles of Rough Ryders to support many, many threads.

Please go participate in a part of the forum where you can contribute constructively. Thank you.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

This is starting to sound like trolling like you mainly get on FB , Some people just enjoy drama, there isnt a RR brand section so let's leave it at that, I wouldn't suggest it and I've been in here years , personally I feel this group is fine how it is ::tu::
Paul,

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Exactly. There is a Rough Rider/Ryder Forum/ thread, let's leave it that. :) ::tu:: ::handshake::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

bigshot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 pm There are 2,797 threads on Case knives. There are enough patterns and styles of Rough Ryders to support many, many threads.

Please go participate in a part of the forum where you can contribute constructively. Thank you.
FYI, David is a long-term well respected extremely knowledgeable member of this forum, and for you to show up here a short time ago and speak to him in such a disrespectful manner is totally unacceptable. Perhaps you're the one who should go somewhere else if you can't learn to fit in and accept things the way they are. A lot of thought and effort went into setting up this forum, and for you to show up and immediately try to arrange things the way you want them is not only ridiculous but extremely selfish as well. We all are aware that you think your ideas are so much better than anyone else's, but I can assure you you're the only one who thinks that. You've dug yourself quite a hole with all this Rough Rider nonsense, and at this point you'd be wise to see what you can do about repairing your damaged relationship on AAPK. A good start might be re-registering under a less presumptuous username and then simply participate in this forum instead of trying to change it. It's up to YOU! Mark! 8)
8)
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:00 pm
bigshot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 pm There are 2,797 threads on Case knives. There are enough patterns and styles of Rough Ryders to support many, many threads.

FYI, David is a long-term well respected extremely knowledgeable member of this forum, and for you to show up here a short time ago and speak to him in such a disrespectful manner is totally unacceptable. Perhaps you're the one who should go somewhere else if you can't learn to fit in and accept things the way they are. A lot of thought and effort went into setting up this forum, and for you to show up and immediately try to arrange things the way you want them is not only ridiculous but extremely selfish as well. We all are aware that you think your ideas are so much better than anyone else's, but I can assure you you're the only one who thinks that. You've dug yourself quite a hole with all this Rough Rider nonsense, and at this point you'd be wise to see what you can do about repairing your damaged relationship on AAPK. A good start might be re-registering under a less presumptuous username and then simply participate in this forum instead of trying to change it. It's up to YOU! Mark! 8)

Well put Mark ::tu:: I still think he is just on a wind up.
Paul,

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”