Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
johnburrell

Post by johnburrell »

Hello,

My username is johnburrell. I am a very new member of AAPK and an old knife manufacturer. My great grandfather, Jean Case was President of Case Brothers Cutlery which he started in 1889 with his brothers Andrew and John. For the next 117 years members of the Case family were involved in 34 different cutlery companies manufacturing knives. When I closed Burrell Cutlery in 2006, I became the last of the family to manufacture a knife. I recently decided to gather all of my knife related items and eventually make them available on this site, Last evening. I applied for the ability to sell here. I hope I will be approved.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Member

Post by Ripster »

johnburrell wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:19 pm Hello,

My username is johnburrell. I am a very new member of AAPK and an old knife manufacturer. My great grandfather, Jean Case was President of Case Brothers Cutlery which he started in 1889 with his brothers Andrew and John. For the next 117 years members of the Case family were involved in 34 different cutlery companies manufacturing knives. When I closed Burrell Cutlery in 2006, I became the last of the family to manufacture a knife. I recently decided to gather all of my knife related items and eventually make them available on this site, Last evening. I applied for the ability to sell here. I hope I will be approved.
Well John, a big Welcome, you’ve joined in with a bunch of great folks. Sure bet the Case guys and gals will love your Contributions,and hope to see some of your stuff. Must honestly say that I’ve never seen a Burrell piece or stamp! , very curious .
Take care ,Hope to see you around the forum ::handshake::
JP
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome! It’s good to have you here!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Welcome Sir, it's great to have you with us and I'm sure you will have a lot of to contribute to the forum.
Looking forward to hearing more from you. ::handshake::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Welcome. You must have some fantastic stories and history stored in your memory. Looking forward to seeing your posts. Have a good weekend. ::handshake::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Welcome John. I Googled Burrell cutlery and found some interesting information. I look forward to getting to know you and learning from you. If you need any pointers on your store site, just ask and I would be glad to help in anyway that I can.
Show us some of your collection when you get a chance, I’m dying to see what you have.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Glad you've joined us!
As the others, can't wait to hear all you have to share!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
johnburrell

Post by johnburrell »

Thank you for your welcomes! I have worked with and known some of the greatest people involved in the cutlery manufacturing industry. I grew up in it. Today, I spent time in the "City of Knives" (Little Valley, NY), which is only seven miles over the hill from my home. Much of what we all love started in this small village.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK johnburrell. Looking forward to seeing what you have, and what you sell. ::tu:: And any stories you care to share from “The City of Knives”.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Hi John, great to see you here!! I hope they quickly approve you to sell here. I'll certainly vouch for you if I knew where to do so. Administrators, I have known John for five years, he is a good honest fellow and will be an asset to the forum. "City of Knives", Brad always calls it the "Village of Knives" LOL.
johnburrell

Post by johnburrell »

Gene, you're right "Village of Knives" My bad. Thanks for the correction, I appreciate it. I will send you an email tonight on what I found on how to make a referral for me.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK! Usually I post, "there's lots of great knife information here, and we love pictures." But you probably have knife info that we don't know about. We do love pictures though. 😉
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
johnburrell

Post by johnburrell »

I find I have stuff I didn't realize I even had. Yesterday, I was looking at a scrapbook of my dad's from high school over in Little Valley. It had newspaper articles mostly about his football prowess 1930-1933. They were pasted in a 1921 book of form letters that belonged to his uncle who he was named after. As I actually looked at those letters, I discovered they had been hand signed, W.R. Case Cutlery Company, Dean J. Case. Obviously, they were signed after 1921 when the book was published and 1927 when Uncle Dean, Russ and Tint started Kinfolks.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

johnburrell wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:19 pm Hello,

Welcome to AAPK, to me you're like knife royalty. Wow, a real Case family member who made knives for the company. Some of my favorite knives are Case and it's great to see you post, can't wait to see what you're going to post for sale or for knife history you bring. An honor to get some exposure to folks like you I never would have otherwise. Only on AAPK. Right on, welcome aboard. Lets see whatcha got.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

John,
Welcome to AAPK. You come highly recommended, by Gene, and by your family background. There are a few people here who are familiar with Case knives, and a couple who actually collect them. :lol:

I forwarded Gene's recommendation to Bryan who is the owner and overall genius that keeps AAPK running properly and I'm happy to tell you your store has been approved. I'm sure Brian will be in touch with you if he hasn't been already on the process of setting up your store.

While I am not a collector of Case knives I do enjoy using some of them and them also a fan of some of the companies that the Case family spawned, such as Western States and Cattaraugus. I will certainly be looking forward to any information you might post about your family, history and especially to seeing some of the knives and knife related items you have.

Many of us here on AAPK who collect knives are kind of amateur historians by default, we have to be researchers and recorders of history because there are so few companies that have a good documented history, Case Cutlery being one of the notable exceptions which might explain why they are one of the most collectible brands of knives today. The inverse is possible also; their history is well-documented because of their popularity!

I am hoping you will post an outline of historical information as well as Interesting facts and stories. I had never heard of Burrell Cutlery before today! It's always exciting to me to learn something new. Thank you very much for joining. I'm looking forward to your posts and your store.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or email, whichever one you are most comfortable with.

Welcome Aboard! ::welcome::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”