Suggestion

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
just bob

Suggestion

Post by just bob »

Maybe this is a bad idea and if so then Bryan can just ignore it. I'm still a bit numb over Roland's sudden passing and the lack of information on the subject that was made available. I see in other posts now that other members have passed away. I have no idea who these people are, and I don't know anything about them at all. Would it be a terrible idea to have a simple AAPK obit on file and in the event of a tragedy the information could be posted. Maybe just a brief bio and your thoughts and wishes for the friends you've made while on the web site. No need to provide your next of kin and that kind of personal information. It would also be most helpful that the bio info included your hometown so you could find the actually obituary when it was posted in the local paper. I had a knife friend die in KY several years ago and looked high and low for his obit and so far, as I know one was never published. Maybe Dale, Tom, or other mods have ideas and can format a workable plan.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Suggestion

Post by Madmarco »

That sounds interesting Bob. ::hmm:: I'm sure Bryan will give it it's due diligence and make a decision. 8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Maybe a topic, Gone But Not Forgotten. ???
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That would be the perfect title Jerry. 8)
8)
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I think this is a good suggestion. Not sure at the moment an obvious path forward to make such info usefully aggregated & available. I'm all for helping however I can, but we may need to hash out more details.

I suppose a potential starting point might be to gather info & put together a few words about friends we've lost to date. If any members are willing to do that for a member or two who have passed that they new fairly well, feel free to contact me or reply here. I can create a dedicated page where the info can be displayed.

Thoughts ::shrug::

Other ideas or additional suggestions relating to the matter always welcomed.
Bryan

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”