9 inch Fullered Western with 5 inch Blade - What Model is This?

In 1911, H. N. Platts, was able to draw on his extensive friendships and family connections in the cutlery world to start Western States Cutlery and Manufacturing of Boulder Colorado. At first only a jobbing business, by 1920 construction and machinery purchases were underway to begin manufacture of knives. Through name changes--to Western States Cutlery Co. in 1953, then Western Cutlery Co. in 1956--and moves first across town and later to Longmont Colorado, the company stayed under the leadership of the Platt family until 1984. In that year, the company was sold to Coleman, becoming Coleman-Western. Eventually purchased by Camillus in 1991, Western continued until Camillus expired in 2007.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 9 inch Fullered Western with 5 inch Blade - What Model is This?

Post by orvet »

zzyzzogeton wrote:Well, if you ever get hit with a moment of insanity, hit me up.

I'm single, so the only responses/queries I ever get about my collection/accumulation is "How many do you have now?"

I can still honestly say "Less than 4000." For a while.

I used to keep a spreadsheet of all my knives so I knew how many knives I had. Then it dawned on me if I knew how many knives I had if my wife ever asked me, "How many knives do you have?" I would have had to answer honestly and tell her. So I stopped adding knives to my spreadsheet. That was over 10 years ago and I was at 2000 then.
Fast-forward to about nine years ago, I'm talking to someone at my table at the Oregon show, my wife is helping another customer at the table. The fellow I am talking to asks me how many knives I have and I told him I stopped counting at 2000 as I didn't want to tell my wife how many knives I really had. My wife overheard that....

We are actually still married, she helps me at the knife shows, we go to flea markets together and she's really good at spotting knives for me, and she is learning how to do knife photography.
I absolutely have to believe in God because he sent me an angel! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Western Cutlery Collector's Forum”