The 74x circle is unbroken.

In 1911, H. N. Platts, was able to draw on his extensive friendships and family connections in the cutlery world to start Western States Cutlery and Manufacturing of Boulder Colorado. At first only a jobbing business, by 1920 construction and machinery purchases were underway to begin manufacture of knives. Through name changes--to Western States Cutlery Co. in 1953, then Western Cutlery Co. in 1956--and moves first across town and later to Longmont Colorado, the company stayed under the leadership of the Platt family until 1984. In that year, the company was sold to Coleman, becoming Coleman-Western. Eventually purchased by Camillus in 1991, Western continued until Camillus expired in 2007.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: The 74x circle is unbroken.

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks Dan. No offense. Tha pic was one that I copied from here that someone else had posted. It looks good.

And that Retirement Village People thing is hilarious!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Wade congrats on finishing the circle! It very satisfying to complete a long search such as that. Now I hope you don't run up on some obscure publication that states one of the knives in that circle actually had two variations. ::woot::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

gsmith7158 wrote:Wade congrats on finishing the circle! It very satisfying to complete a long search such as that. Now I hope you don't run up on some obscure publication that states one of the knives in that circle actually had two variations. ::woot::
Variations? ::uc::
Attachments
index.jpg
index.jpg (6.77 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Rofl!!! Greg I've already found that they did!!!

With shield, without shield. With pattern number, without pattern number, with buffalo etch, without. ::facepalm::

Maybe I just ought to quit now.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Congrats Wade. ::tu::

Don't quit now, you've got the most complete collection of those known in AAPK land. You must press on. 8)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

philco wrote:Congrats Wade. ::tu::

Don't quit now, you've got the most complete collection of those known in AAPK land. You must press on. 8)
Why Phil, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were encouraging me to spend countless hours and copious amounts of money scouring the country for knives just to feed an addiction.

Ok, you convinced me.
Robert E. Lee
Cowdiddly

Post by Cowdiddly »

Congratulations Wade, You completed the Rodeo,
I had to log in to give you a hand, I have not been around lately, I'm one of those poor saps that have to work.
Plus my knife collecting got put on the back burner as I have had it with this sorry bank I had my mortgage at. Finally got mad and just paid the dang thing off. My knife collecting had to be shelved for awhile but at least they can't kick me out of my house now, Well the wife can still kick my sorry butt out but the bank can;t Title is Mine. Pat's self on back,

I did manage to get a pair of nice 744s one red and one brown, I also added a super nice bone 655 to the stash before I got sidetracked,
I have the rodeo almost done in two colors brown and red now except that darn 743, I still have not gotten a hold of one.
I am kicking myself for not grabbing one a while back but some IDIOT took it to a grinding wheel, of course on the long spey blade and wappy jawed the heck out of it so I passed it up. Now Im kicking myself as that is the last one I have been able to lay eyes on.

At any Rate, I am glad you got er done and thats a nice lookin bunch o cowboys right der.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Impressive group of knives!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Western Cutlery Collector's Forum”