Ebay Schrade 8ot taylor brand , a bit pricey

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Ebay Schrade 8ot taylor brand , a bit pricey

Post by zed6309 »

An interesting one ::hmm:: I know this is a Taylor brand Schrade and I've got a 89ot that works well but I wonder if the seller realises ? Does the original collector add that kind of value ::facepalm::
20210215_152941.jpg
20210215_152927.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172332414140
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
cody6268

Re: Ebay Schrade 8ot taylor brand , a bit pricey

Post by cody6268 »

Pretty much, every knife I have seen from the Rhett Stidham estate, and especially this seller, has had a price that I would call extremely overstated. Especially when I can pick one of these up at my local feed store for less than $20.

A boxed, mint USA 8OT I don't even think would be worth $129.99. I doubt a used Chinese 8OT is even worth $10 used. I know there 3-4 years back, I could get an 89OT at Rural King during the Christmas season for $10.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

There is a debate concerning who made the oft used statement, "There is a sucker born every "minute". This statement might be the answer to the "bit pricey" description mentioned by zed6309 in the OP. Some might make such a purchase in ignorance but hopefully it won't be any of us AAPK members. Cody is spot on with the local pricing of these easily identifiable knives.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Another seller not looking for customers, but looking for victims. Also was Stidham even around when Schrade started the Chinese line?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

This seller has been flogging way over priced knives for many years. He knows it is from China and can be bought new for about $20.
He is dishonest.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:20 pm This seller has been flogging way over priced knives for many years. He knows it is from China and can be bought new for about $20.
He is dishonest.
kj
Exactly. I had his number a long (years) time ago. Most of the stuff he sells never belonged to Rhett Stidham and would have been an embarrassment to him.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Interesting stuff guys , I'll be honest I never heard of Rhett stidman until I saw this seller on ebay , it's sad as hopefully that will sit there for a long time or some one will buy it by mistake , as said there is one born every minute :(
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This clown's ridiculous prices don't stop at just his knives, :shock: he wants US$61.50 for shipping to Canada via USPS Priority post! ::td:: What a loser! 8)
8)
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

I've seen buyers battle it out in auctions for a Chinese Uncle Henry or Old Timer . I guess a lot of them just don't know the difference or what to look for between a USA Schrade product Vs the Chinese counterpart . No doubt there's sellers out there preying on these lesser informed bidders . There's also sellers that are ignorant to it . They scan the site for prices and list their Chinese stuff for prices in the realm of what true vintage USA stuff is listed for . Three or four times just this week I sent sellers a message bringing to their attention that they are misrepresenting what they have by their listing saying " vintage" or "USA Scrade" or both . Some wanted to know and I had to educate them , one said "It says Schrade on the stamp and it doesn't say made in China" , where I had to educate them and they all seemed like honest sellers and messaged me back saying thanks and that they'd fixed their listing . I had to tell one lady that the knife she had listed at $39.99 plus $4.99 shipping could be bought brand new at Amazon for 20 bucks .
It's really something that both buyers and sellers haven't a clue what they are actually buying or selling . And to help matters along , the part numbers are the same for the Chinese knives as they were when these models were made in the USA . So Ebay has this thing where a seller can enter a make and model of a product and current information is given to them as feedback . I just got a great deal on a NOS in the box vintage Old Timer where the photos showed a USA made knife and a box that was New York but the description said the blade was 7Cr17Mov and country of origin was China . I sent the seller a message asking so "what is it ?" Is it a USA knife or is it Chinese ? She told me that' she just posted what ebay told her it was , but assured me that it was indeed the knife in the photo I was seeing . She fixed her listing and took "China" off it . She had it on a "Buy it now" listing . Needless to say , as soon as I confirmed that it was an American made knife , I immediately bought the thing before somebody else could . So I ended up with a great deal on a NIB vintage knife .I gotta wonder how many people passed on that item because the description was wrong . The "buy it now" price was more than a Chinese knife should sell for but truly a bargain for the real deal . But if sellers are scamming and misrepresenting , they need to be reported for their fraud .

Return to “Chinese-made knives”