Chinese KaBar

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Chinese KaBar

Post by CluelessNick »

I bought these off of Amazon a while back well aware of what they were but I really like the black G-10 with the gray metal. Seems weird to have KaBar on one side of blade with China on the other. But I really like them a lot. Have had and used the longer Hunter for almost 2 years and it has held up very well.
Attachments
DSC_3794.JPG
DSC_3796.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Chinese KaBar

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for showing these. There is no doubt that China can manufacture fine knives with top quality steel. They now dominate the knife market.
kj
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Well, since there is no actual KA-BAR factory they have to have them made someplace. There is a problem though with the Chinese also making fake KA-BARs.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:55 pm I bought these off of Amazon a while back well aware of what they were but I really like the black G-10 with the gray metal. Seems weird to have KaBar on one side of blade with China on the other. But I really like them a lot. Have had and used the longer Hunter for almost 2 years and it has held up very well.
Nice trio Nick! ::tu:: Particularly like the bottom 2, my kindda knife! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Gunsil wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:16 pm Well, since there is no actual KA-BAR factory they have to have them made someplace. There is a problem though with the Chinese also making fake KA-BARs.

Who's making the new American ones for Kabar, Gene?

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

The USMC and related models are made at the Cutco factory in Olean, NY. I do not know if Cutco makes other models or if some are made someplace else. Their American made pocket knives were made by Schrade for a while, don't know where or if they still have any these days or if all the folding knives are made overseas. I was quite disappointed some years back when I went to Olean and discovered the building with big letters KA-BAR on it was only offices and warehouse, no factory. Cutco has a visitor center where they have some antique KA-BARs on display but not many. Cutco visitor center also has some Case knives like the Mako in the center since those were not made by Case but by Cutco.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Gunsil wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:17 pm The USMC and related models are made at the Cutco factory in Olean, NY. I do not know if Cutco makes other models or if some are made someplace else. Their American made pocket knives were made by Schrade for a while, don't know where or if they still have any these days or if all the folding knives are made overseas. I was quite disappointed some years back when I went to Olean and discovered the building with big letters KA-BAR on it was only offices and warehouse, no factory. Cutco has a visitor center where they have some antique KA-BARs on display but not many. Cutco visitor center also has some Case knives like the Mako in the center since those were not made by Case but by Cutco.

Thanks for the info! ::handshake::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Chinese-made knives”