SAMIOR brand knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
jonbowie

SAMIOR brand knives

Post by jonbowie »

I recently purchased a Samior S325 small flipper EDC knife from Amazon. I mentioned it in another post, and feel I should elaborate here. It was quite economical, and I was curious to see what sort of quality it would be. When it arrived, I was happy with its appearance; fit finish etc. The flip action was quick and smooth on mini ball bearings. The thing is just under 4" long and about 1/2" thick and wide. Very light...about 39 grams....so I was not concerned that there was a minor amount of frame flex if you really stressed the blade sideways (no wiggle as such). The "rosewood" scales were OK though not exceptional, and the pattern welded blade appeared well made, solid, and quite attractive, with a polished finish on a sort of raised relief pattern welded surface (sorry I can't bring myself to call it "Damascus" though that seems to be the accepted term these days). The factory edge was adequate...yeah it would shave a bit with a lot of drag...I have yet to see a new knife that I've considered truly sharp. That's OK half the fun is to see what sort of edge I can get on an unknown blade! Anyway, I set into putting my preferred edge on it. It did take a nice edge....smooth shave...and really polished up with 3000 grit. So far So good.
Somewhere in here I first noticed that the liner lock wasn't engaging very well, and one could force it shut with a bit of pressure on the back of the blade...DRATT!!! or words to that effect. This is where I was when I mentioned it in the other, rather politically charged forum. Since then, I have disassembled the little beast, passed the back end of the tang where the liner lock contacts (does that spot have a name) over a diamond plate a couple of times, and reassembled it....eehhh voila!! All is well, and at least, until it collapses in a heap again, I'm pretty pleased with it. The dis and re assembly was straight forward and easy, though, of course, should not have been necessary.
So nice little knife for cheap, or you get what you pay for.....I leave that to you.
Jon
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SAMIOR brand knives

Post by doglegg »

Thanks for the review. ::handshake::

Return to “Chinese-made knives”