Reate

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Rich53

Reate

Post by Rich53 »

This Reate iron frame is beautiful. One of the best in my collection.
20210117_201927.jpg
kootenay joe

Re: Reate

Post by kootenay joe »

Is "iron frame" the name of the model ?
I think the handle is more likely titanium than "iron".
I bet it is an expensive knife maybe similar in price to a Sebenza ?
Beautiful knife !
kj
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:15 am Is "iron frame" the name of the model ?
I think the handle is more likely titanium than "iron".
I bet it is an expensive knife maybe similar in price to a Sebenza ?
Beautiful knife !
kj
Roland, this is what Mr. Google has to say about that knife: "The Reate Iron is an EDC knife that is really on the next level. It's got a stylish design that fills the hand perefectly and allows for multiple grip options. The blade locks up rock solid, thanks to the titanium frame lock and Reate's perfect tolerances." I see that Blade HQ has them in a variety of handle materials, and the ones they currently have in stock are all around $330 (U.S.). Beautiful knife! ::tu:: ::tu::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Thanks for the information Herb. It's a nice looking knife, but at that price range it's outside of my knife budget.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:24 pm Thanks for the information Herb. It's a nice looking knife, but at that price range it's outside of my knife budget.
Ditto.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:24 pm Thanks for the information Herb. It's a nice looking knife, but at that price range it's outside of my knife budget.
It's outside of my budget too, but that doesn't stop me. :lol:

My phone takes lousy pictures. The knife is more impressive than the picture shows. The BladeHQ picture does it better justice. I buy American made knives a lot, esp. Benchmade, but this is a beautiful knife.

The balance in the hand is excellent, also.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Herb.
"Iron Frame" is a strange choice of names for a sleek modern knife with exotic steel & titanium.
I have been buying SanRenMu knives for about 10 years now. Some like the 'old' 710 frame lock were only $10 but they edge hold so well and the construction is so precise that spending 10-30 times as much won't get me a 'better' knife.
By "better" i am referring to function, ability to cut things and hold the sharp cutting edge.
When i first got a SRM 710 i did a mini cutting comparison with my new Small Sebenza which is the same size and similar design. The 710 cut just as well as the Sebenza and felt just as comfortable in hand. So i sold the Sebenza and kept the 710.
kj
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Late to the party, but Relate makes some top dollar knives. They are made with quality materials and excellent workmanship. These ain't your Rough Ryders!
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:23 am Late to the party, but Relate makes some top dollar knives. They are made with quality materials and excellent workmanship. These ain't your Rough Ryders!
Knife buyers can't automatically dismiss Chinese knives anymore. 20 years ago we could, but a lot of Chinese manufacturers make good knives these days.

Kizer knives are decent, too. I own a couple Begleiters that I LOVE!!
20210122_203042.jpg

Return to “Chinese-made knives”