Rough Ryders new Green & Blue VG-10 knives.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rough Ryders new Green & Blue VG-10 knives.

Post by dlr110 »

Drum role please……got these in the mail today and here is my initial observations:

A very simple knife style; 2 handles (the bolsters are a part of the handle); a backspring; a blade;
and 3 fasteners per side to hold it all together.

The blade has a smooth action when opening/closing with a very pronounced half-stop. A
good size blade at 3 /14” long and 1/8” thick at the back of the blade. It has a crisp snap
and is perfectly centered between the handles. The edge is VERY sharp.
SMKW lists the blade thickness as 1/16.”

There are no liners. The aluminum handles are very comfortable and the texture provides an good grip.
Fasteners are below the handle texture so they are not felt in your palm or on your fingers.

This knife appears to be a very well made knife and my only complaint is the colors. To me these two colors
make it look like a inexpensive novelty knife, when in fact it’s a quality product.

Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Attachments
20210129_161240.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

David your review is just how i see them too.
Rather than being a 'collectible' i see these as GREAT user knives: very sharp and lightweight and slim so very easy to carry. It will cut better than most knives that cost many times as much so if you happen to loose it you are not out of pocket by much.
kj
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

While their construction is simpler, these essentially are the latest reproduction of Remington's Pre-WW II R1303. I'd be more tempted if I did not already own reproductions made by Camillus and Queen. The design does fell good in hand.

SMKW also has a RR VG 10 mini-trapper and a medium Stockman constructed the same way. I'll probably by a stockman but I'm hopping they offer a larger one. What do you guys think of the mini-trapper and stockman?
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Modern Slip Joints wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:52 pm While their construction is simpler, these essentially are the latest reproduction of Remington's Pre-WW II R1303. I'd be more tempted if I did not already own reproductions made by Camillus and Queen. The design does fell good in hand.

SMKW also has a RR VG 10 mini-trapper and a medium Stockman constructed the same way. I'll probably by a stockman but I'm hopping they offer a larger one. What do you guys think of the mini-trapper and stockman?
I'd bet they are pretty much like the one's I described above and at some point I will most likely buy them.
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Ugly knives, IMO... But that's ok, I'm sure there are knife patterns/styles that I love that some hate.. I respect the knife owner's opinion.. I would never make passive aggressive
remarks like some other knife enthusiasts do when people disagree with their "expert opinion"... Once again, David, this post has nothing to do with you, my friend🤝... Just making a general statement..
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Stanwade wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:51 am Ugly knives, IMO... But that's ok, I'm sure there are knife patterns/styles that I love that some hate.. I respect the knife owner's opinion.. I would never make passive aggressive
remarks like some other knife enthusiasts do when people disagree with their "expert opinion"... Once again, David, this post has nothing to do with you, my friend🤝... Just making a general statement..
No worries Ryan. If everyone agreed with me we'd all be in trouble. :D ::handshake::

Return to “Chinese-made knives”