First Chinese knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
desmobob

First Chinese knives

Post by desmobob »

I just received a big box of Rough Ryder stuff from SMKW, along with a free Cold Steel Kudu Lite, also made in China. These are the first Chinese knives I've examined.

I purchased multiples of most of the RR knives, intended as gifts. I examined them and all were surprisingly good; well beyond what I'd expect for the price. The Cold Steel Kudu Lite really impressed me. It was free, but they sell for six dollars from Cold Steel. I haven't used it and can't comment on the performance of the blade steel (5Cr15MoV), but as far as fit/finish and action go, it's an absolute steal.

For non-knife-fanatics, these knives sure seem like good budget-friendly options...
Bob

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."
~Rudyard Kipling
samb1955

Re: First Chinese knives

Post by samb1955 »

Knives from China have come a long way over the past few years and some are expensive.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I was looking at some Kizers the other day, and I about had a heart attack. Those that have the same specs as a US-made Benchmade are the same cost as a US-made Benchmade. In other words, expensive--in the $125-150 range for all in S30V.

I don't like buying them these days; but I have a number of Byrd (Spyderco's Chinese-made budget line) and Rough Ryder, and none of them disappoint.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I bought a Chinese We for $100 and that was the lowest priced knife in their inventory.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”