Roxon Phantom/Phantasy

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
cody6268

Roxon Phantom/Phantasy

Post by cody6268 »

This was recently shown on a multitool forum. There have been a lot of knives over the years with interchangeable blades. I myself own a 1990 Buck Selector, but it came without any blades (well, other than the clip point slipjoint blade my model has; it's the two layer). But, there really haven't been a whole lot of multitools. The Havalon Evolve is about the only multitool I can think of. And none so far that had blades interchangeable between a multitool and a folder.

Links:

http://www.roxontool.com/col.jsp?id=146

http://roxontool.com/col.jsp?id=147

If you ask me, even as critical as I am of Chinese companies (and especially their marketing tactics; which often involve spamming forums; but so far, this company hasn't done such) period; I quite like the design, and ability to interchange blades to my liking and the task at hand. There are many blade cho; ices MTs at present are not offered with at all. The tools allow one handle and the blade to come off without any tools--that will make cleaning so much easier. And the big scissors (carried over from a related model, the Storm) are something I'll use a lot as well. It's not been released yet; but I plan to at least try the multitool and a couple different blade types when it comes out. The knife comes with a drop-point blade, and the tool an "Americanized Tanto". I'm most interested in the hawkbill "Talon" and sheepsfoot blades.
kootenay joe

Re: Roxon Phantom/Phantasy

Post by kootenay joe »

The second link is to a knife with 13 different blade choices. Where do you keep the 12 blades not in use ? Handle looks a little bulky but not enough to house 12 blades.
kj
cody6268

Re: Roxon Phantom/Phantasy

Post by cody6268 »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 pm The second link is to a knife with 13 different blade choices. Where do you keep the 12 blades not in use ? Handle looks a little bulky but not enough to house 12 blades.
kj
Seperate plastic holders that stick together via magnets, as the blades are removable and interchangeable. Seems awfully bulky to carry around if you ask me. And the issues magnets cause... I'm surprised sheaths weren't made that carried two or three additional seperate blades along with the tool or knife.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”