New Chinese "Miller Brothers"

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

New Chinese "Miller Brothers"

Post by Reverand »

I bought this yesterday at the Frost Cutlery store in Ooltewah, Tennessee (outskirts of Chattanooga).
I do dislike how Frost uses so many of these old names, but I really do like this knife. I like to keep a couple of inexpensive knives for EDC because sometimes at work I have to separate caulk along a line of brick...which tends to turn good knives into bad knives.
Anyway, at 3-9/16" this is a great-sized medium stockman for daily use.

I just love a serpentine stockman pattern!
Attachments
EBE0584B-FA94-4A5A-A63E-439CFDCB3884.jpeg
0BDF4BF5-D675-4E1B-8CB0-697BDD424DF0.jpeg
CD9BFB32-DF3B-4D01-BD42-2C9061BD4473.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Chinese "Miller Brothers"

Post by 1967redrider »

It would have been cool if they used screws to secure the scales . . . but then again . . . ::facepalm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Very few Miller Bros knives had the screws in the scales, most don't or didn't. Man, I hate to see Chinese junk with markings from defunct American brands. At least it doesn't look at all like a real MB mark.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Gunsil wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:45 pm . . . Man, I hate to see Chinese junk with markings from defunct American brands. At least it doesn't look at all like a real MB mark.
I agree and that is the one redeeming quality. Why not just put a Steel Warrior stamp on this? ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I've noticed Frost somehow got (or is illegally using) the rights to the Joseph Rodgers name. Rough Riders were never made in the USA or England, thus, I don't mind them. Chinese Schrades, Primbles, Camillus, Miller Bros, etc--heck no, I won't touch them with a ten-foot pole.

Your knife, however, looks really nice. While I haven't bought any, it is my personal opinion that Frost does a bit better job on their traditionals (esp. STeel Warrior) than they do the more modern designs. Sure, they don't even match even Bear in quality, but at least they are usable. The latter really is about as disposable as one can get.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”