Cannon anchor knife set

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
eveled

Cannon anchor knife set

Post by eveled »

2D8DBF24-CC8E-4EFC-9D3D-D16D5F821F19.jpeg
Anybody else have a set of these? They are amazing! I’ve never gotten a stainless blade so sharp so quick. I love the handle shape. Reminds me of the shape of a loom fixer. And the blades are robust and well shaped. The one with the straight tip comes in handy as a scraper or small (stiff) putty knife.

These can be had for a real bargain at various places now so shop around.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cannon anchor knife set

Post by edge213 »

eveled wrote:2D8DBF24-CC8E-4EFC-9D3D-D16D5F821F19.jpeg

Anybody else have a set of these? They are amazing! I’ve never gotten a stainless blade so sharp so quick. I love the handle shape. Reminds me of the shape of a loom fixer. And the blades are robust and well shaped. The one with the straight tip comes in handy as a scraper or small (stiff) putty knife.

These can be had for a real bargain at various places now so shop around.
Good looking set.
Who makes them?
Where are they made?
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Thanks for the review. I've seen these before and was attracted by the appearance. IIRC the set of three knives combined was about $20 total. Did some investigating and learned they're made in Communist China. Which is when I decided I don't need them. ::barf::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Thanks for the review. I've seen these before and was attracted by the appearance. IIRC the set of three knives combined was about $20 total. Did some investigating and learned they're made in Communist China. Which is when I decided I don't need them. ::barf::

Ken
That's what I was thinking.
David
eveled

Post by eveled »

Don’t know who makes them. Other than Cannon and made in China.
Very unusual for me to buy anything foreign. I got them for less than $5 a knife. I’m not getting into politics here.
604D744A-5F7B-4A98-989A-D40190F00C36.jpeg
Here they are closed and with a Buck 110 for size reference.
Attachments
3387D330-8B61-4D16-B2C9-A1EBC642D3A9.jpeg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

eveled wrote:Don’t know who makes them. Other than made in China.
Very unusual for me to buy anything foreign. I got them for less than $5 a knife. I’m not getting into politics here.

604D744A-5F7B-4A98-989A-D40190F00C36.jpeg

Here they are closed and with a Buck 110 for size reference.
Gotta be worth that. I would buy a set.
David
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

I bought this set a couple of years ago. I like the looks and have mine displayed in the living room. I don't remember who I bought my set from but I do recall that they claimed that these were imported by Queen. Don't if that's true though..... ::shrug::
eveled

Post by eveled »

Funny you mentioned displaying them. They come in a box with a clear cover almost like a display case. They are nicely done.

Until you hold / sharpen/ cut with them you won’t understand. They are quality pieces. They just don’t fit the typical made in China stereotype. Great work knives too. I’m glad I took a chance on them.
mytwobobos

Post by mytwobobos »

They certainly have a nice look to 'em, and for the price I'm going to go pick up a set. I'm gonna go check the Bay and see what i can find. As for the china stuff, there is a whole lot of pure, ugly, crap out there for sure, but in recent years the quality produced by some companies has greatly differed from the usual and improved; Ganzo, Rough Rider & Marbles to name a few put out some decent knives for the price.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

They look pretty good, and the cost for a set of three is a little less than half what one authentic Otter Messer anchor knife would cost .Thinking I'll pick up a set myself--they look like great working knives.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”