Rough Rider Classic Carbon FH

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
cody6268

Rough Rider Classic Carbon FH

Post by cody6268 »

I wanted a carbon steel Folding Hunter to allow me to retire 50 year old Case that I inherited from my great-uncle, and is at present still a favorite EDC for the tough stuff. Most Folding Hunters I saw were either worn out, or out of my price range ($30 or below). I thought I'd give the Rough Rider version a shot, but didn't know they made a carbon steel version. Turns out, they have a whole series of carbon steel bladed knives with yellow synthetic scales (resembling the entry-level Cases) under the name "Classic Carbon". And the price--$15, about $60 less than a CV Case 6265, with enough money to buy four more.
https://www.smkw.com/catalogsearch/resu ... sic+carbon

I, of course, ordered the Folding Hunter. I wish the bolsters were a bit more plain, but for a $15 working knife, who cares? If this gets lost during a camping trip, working around the farm, or in the woods, I will still look for it (I hate losing a knife), but won't be sweating it. I also won't worry that if I loan it out to someone who doesn't know who to properly use a knife, they'll break it (again, cheap to replace).
rr1742.jpg
Oh, sort of off topic, but I also ordered my first Chinese Boker, a Plus line Congress in 440C for $10 (discounted from $15). I kinda like Boker Congresses, but of the two I have and currently use, one was my great-uncles, the other is worn out but I got from my granddad, and it originally belonged to a good friend of my great-grandfather on my grandmother's side (Grandad bought a ton of knives from the man in the 1980s). Specs seem pretty good for something that's ten dollars. I wanted the Carver's Special, but I couldn't afford $60. Likely going to be Granddad's father's day present. If they're good, I'm probably getting another locally for my grandfather for Father's Day.

bk01bo214y_2.jpg
kootenay joe

Re: Rough Rider Classic Carbon FH

Post by kootenay joe »

I used a Rough Rider Jumbo Trapper, "Outdoorsman Series" i think it was, to fully field dress a whitetail including cutting off all 4 lower leg sections and then later skin it. Slickest field dressing i ever did. The blade sliced through everything with so little pressure required.
If your RR Folding Hunter is as sharp you will be amazed by the time you are half way through and blown away by the time you have finished.
Please let us know. It is important.
kj

Return to “Chinese-made knives”