Cold Steel Wrath of Khan !!!

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Toejammer

Cold Steel Wrath of Khan !!!

Post by Toejammer »

Been carrying this as my edc ever since my Kershaw Oso was not so Sweet to the palm of my hand ! (deployed whilst pulling it from my pocket, stabbed a good 1/2 inch deep. Super Glue is your friend) ::dang::

3" Tanto with Tri-Ad lock
Japanese AUS8A
4" Long G10 Blue
Tip up / right left only (no tip down)
MSRP $69.00

At first I wasn't sure on this one, but I snagged it at a decent price. ( $39.99 ) I'm not a huge fan of tanto's, simply because I still haven't figured out a good way to sharpen the bloody things ! Cosmetically, I love the way they look. This has a funky ramp style thumb stud, that again, I wasn't sure I would like, but I do. With the step pattern of the stud, you don't always have to be dead on with your thumb, as the studs design grabs em at any angle. The G-10 is nice and grippy, which is a plus when your thumb is numb from nerve damage. ( see above stabbing incident ) Really light weight, but still a good chunk of steel, mainly from the tanto design I think. I've never seen a thin tanto design, and all the few I own are quite beefy. Wicked sharp edge right out of the box too !

This has become my main edc w/ my Kershaw DWO (1985) as my "sheeple friendly option" in my left pocket. I'd recommend it in a heart beat. Just as long as you like blue.......it only comes in blue. ::uc::

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Cold Steel Wrath of Khan !!!

Post by Quick Steel »

TJ: Interesting knife. My impression is that very few knives that short, 4", feature an American tanto blade. Your the first person I've encountered who commented on the thumb opener. I wondered what its design accomplished. Looks like you picked up a lot of knife for an excellent price. Congrats. ::tu::

Return to “Chinese-made knives”