My Taiwanese Cold Steel "Secret Edge" arrived today.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Captain O

My Taiwanese Cold Steel "Secret Edge" arrived today.

Post by Captain O »

I love this bad boy. It is a "kick bootie" neck knife. It took all of 60 strokes on my Spyderco Tri-angle "Sharpmaker" fine sticks to bring the blade to a "shaving sharp" edge. The Secure-Ex sheath works quite well being molded and riveted properly to hold the knife in the sheath until it is called upon. The AUS-8 steel blade is as fine as the one on my SOG Northwest Ranger. For what it is, I'll put it on a par with a lot of more expensive knives.

I had it "drop-shipped" from an obscure company with good ratings on ebay. For what I paid, I cannot complain a $20.00 knife for $10.99 is one heck of a good deal. ::tu::
montemojo

Re: My Taiwanese Cold Steel "Secret Edge" arrived today.

Post by montemojo »

Good morning Captain, I am a big fan of Cold Steel. I carry a ti lite from Tiawan every day. I like the one handed opening engineering of these knives. I think they're some of the fastest opening knives available. Faster than a switch blade. Also very sharp. The others I have are Japanese made. They seem to be going up in value. I usually pick them up when I can get them for less money than what they go for on Ebay. I haven't been able to pickup a Japanese ti lite on the cheap yet. I hope you enjoy that one.

Monte
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Monte, ditto your thoughts on CS. I just received the new CS Special Projects catalog. Suggest you send for one. Some very interesting new models, although many have prices that are prohibitive for me.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

QS, I will try to post some of my CS accumulation when I get back home. Thanks for the heads up on the special projects catalog. I will see if I can get my hands on one.

Monte

Return to “Chinese-made knives”