I just ordered a Boker Besh-Wedge Neck Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Captain O

Re: I just ordered a Boker Besh-Wedge Neck Knife

Post by Captain O »

orvet wrote:
Captain O wrote: No, I want to sharpen the single edge of the bevel grind. (One side only). This should maintain the edge.
You are spot on, that is the proper way to maintain a chisel grind. And when maintain that way that are really sharp!

I worked on 82nd in Portland, 30 years ago it was a great middle income area, at least on the southern end around Clackamas Town Center. I also worked in the old downtown area of Milwaukee, one block off of 82nd. I would go for walks on my lunch and not think twice about it, not anymore.
Two or three years ago my wife and I were driving somewhere around 82nd and Division looking for a store she wanted to go to. That area had changed dramatically since the last time I'd been there, probably 30 years ago. I don't know of any place in Portland on the east side of the Willamette River where I would consider taking Tri Met or the Max!

I also worked a couple places on NE. Union Ave. in Portland, before they renamed it MLK Blvd. One place was on the corner of NE Couch & Union, one block from the Burnside Bridge. Between the homeless campers, junkies, winos and hookers who never knew you were what you would find in the parking lot when you came to work and if they were dead or alive. I worked a couple miles north of the Burnside Bridge on what is now MLK Blvd, that is even more interesting.

I have only written Tri Met a couple times, when an ice storm covered the city and I couldn't get home, and I have never ridden Max, and never intend to. ::paranoid::

Good luck with public transportation up there!
I'm too old and crippled to rely on a knife for protection, too many ways for things to go sideways.
.40 caliber or larger for me, TYVM! :mrgreen:
I'm not that old and crippled, and plan to stay as spry as possible for a number of years to come. Trust me, the entire city is turning into krap.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”