I just ordered a new Smith & Wesson 11" HRT Tanto Dagger.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Captain O

I just ordered a new Smith & Wesson 11" HRT Tanto Dagger.

Post by Captain O »

It is an SWHRT7LT 11" HRT Tanto Boot Knife with a leather sheath. It is, of course, a Chinese product by Taylor Brands LLC. (These are the same people that manufacture Schrade/"Old Timer"/"Uncle Henry" and, of course, Smith & Wesson knives). These are "full tang" knives that have a vestigial lanyard hole, a pointed pommel, a 5.5" synthetic rubber handle (as well as tiny quillion as part of the grip. The 7Cr17MoV blades seem, by all reviewers on Youtube, to be of the same quality as those offered by the Schrade "Old Timer" and "Uncle Henry" knives. 8)

The same reviewers keep reiterating that the blade is thick enough to be sturdy under hard use and are useful for a bit more than simply producing puncture wounds. While I am not absolutely certain they are 100% correct, from what I see they are probably right. I figure at the price of just $17.10 shipped to my door I could do a lot worse and the retention strap that holds the quillion is sufficient to hold the knife in position, should I decide to carry it inverted on the left front side of my slacks. ::tu::

Does anyone have any experience with these daggers?
deltaboy

Re: I just ordered a new Smith & Wesson 11" HRT Tanto Dagger.

Post by deltaboy »

I got the HRT BOOT knife and it gets sharp.
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

deltaboy wrote:I got the HRT BOOT knife and it gets sharp.
Have you used it for any utilitarian purpose? (I am having one of their 3.5" daggers being "drop shipped" from China for $4.99). It thought that it would be a perfect concealment knife.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Nope I just carry it in my boot.
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

My last purchase came from Taiwan rather than China (Boker Besh Wedge knife). If I can find a cost-effective carry dagger that isn't manufactured in the PR of C I'll be all over it. A knife such as this manufactured in the US of A would run a minimum of $75.00-$80.00.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

It will cut sausage and cheese.
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”