Opinion of Boker Plus 440C Steel

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Captain O

Opinion of Boker Plus 440C Steel

Post by Captain O »

While I know it is Chinese steel, it is backed by Boker's Warranty. (I have yet to press my Boker Plus Barlow into hard service, but it sure looks good). Does anyone have any input/information about their 440C steel? I have been eyeing the Boker Plus Congress line for an inexpensive pocket knife that could be well-used or gifted, yet not destroyed if it were either lost or broken.

A little discussion and/or insight would be nice.
Stakeknife

Re: Opinion of Boker Plus 440C Steel

Post by Stakeknife »

Just bought a Chinese made Boker knife. Very sharp and quality seems good. Didn't cost much. Shipping was as much as the knife.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject. Our forefathers knew this to be true..... Why do so many of us question their wisdom?
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

That looks very nice. If any thread on another Forum taught me anything about steel quality, Boker Plus "440C" steel is really 9Cr18Mov. which is similar to 440C standards in performance (perhaps a tad softer). Some sources report that 9Cr18Mov knife steel has properties similar to those of 440B. This assures me that Boker Plus' steel has become affordable without being cheap.

This is good to know. ::tu::
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

The Boker Plus lockback knife I won says 440 C.
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I, too, was misled by Boker Plus' title for the steel. It is 9Cr18MoV. It isn't bad stuff (that's why I went ahead and bought their Barlow and their Besh-Wedge knives. Their Barlow is an excellent low-cost example of the breed.

Cheers.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”