High Quality Chinese

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
PCwizard

High Quality Chinese

Post by PCwizard »

The three knife are not made for the USA market, there not mark made in china. But they are very well made knives. for the first time in my life I bought a Chinese knife because I wanted to add it to my collection. All three a razor sharp out of the box and built like a tank.

Enlan EW009
Blade length: 3.54" (90 mm)
Blade thickness: 0.118" (3 mm)
Blade steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel (~58 HRC)
Open length: 8.26" (210 mm)
Closed length: 4.72" (120 mm)
Weight: 3.7 oz (105 g)
Handle: steel with wooden scales
Lock: frame lock
Carry: right hand tip up

GANZO G7211
440c Blade
G10 Handle
Full Auto
Tip-up Pocket Clip
Overall length:20cm
Close length:11.6cm
Blade length:8.6cm
Blade thickness:0.28cm
Blade material:440C Stainless Steel (57-59HRC)
Lanyard Hole

Sanrenmu AO-H02
Slip Joint with full filework
SRM Folding Knife,AOH02
Total length 159mm,
Handle Material: wooden,
length:91mm,handle
thickness:10.8mm,
Blade width:18mm,
Blade Length:62mm,
Blade thickness:2.8mm,
Blade material:8Cr13Mov,
Blade hardness:57HRC+,
Attachments
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
SteelMyHeart85420

Re: High Quality Chinese

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

A nice treat, instead of the usual trick....
TonySal

Post by TonySal »

Didn't think they made anything very well! :(
So many knives, too little time...
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

TonySal wrote:Didn't think they made anything very well! :(
There are actually some very good knives being produced in China. A.G. Russell has had some made there that are outstanding. I have a Spyderco Tenacious that is made in China and there's nothing to complain about with it, quality wise. Just as Japan made great strides in improving the quality of the cutlery they produced several years ago, we're now seeing the same thing develop in the Chinese cutlery trade. Basically, if one is willing to pay extra for better quality, there's someone in China who can meet that demand.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

philco wrote:
TonySal wrote:Didn't think they made anything very well! :(
There are actually some very good knives being produced in China. A.G. Russell has had some made there that are outstanding. I have a Spyderco Tenacious that is made in China and there's nothing to complain about with it, quality wise. Just as Japan made great strides in improving the quality of the cutlery they produced several years ago, we're now seeing the same thing develop in the Chinese cutlery trade. Basically, if one is willing to pay extra for better quality, there's someone in China who can meet that demand.

Phil your 100% correct you still need to do some research before buying the knives coming out of china, as Phil said A.G. Russell is making some of the best coming out of china. Just look before you leap and read a lot of reviews. The models I have shown above are a cut above. If you could just hold one and use it for a few days you would be impressed. You just need to have a open mind. I buy knives from all over the would if its good quality and I like it, I buy it, don't care what country it came from, I care about the quality.

I own like 5 Kershaw AS - the one I carry everyday is one that came from China, its a 1730ss Model - never failed me yet. Also the Higher end US models stay mint that way.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Kizer makes some real high quality tactical knives.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

I Finished the Family
Just got the G707 and its one nice knife

G707 Specs:
Full Auto
Producer: Ganzo Hardware
Model: G707
Blade: 440c stainless steel (58-60HRC)
Handle: Wood Inlay +Stainless steel, Clip
Size: Whole length: 8
Blade's length: 3.25
Closed Length: 4.75
Attachments
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I won this AG Russell on another forum and as much as it hurts my mouth to say it, it may have been the most well made knife I've ever owned. You guessed it. Made in the land which shall not be named. I traded it off because I just couldn't get past the country of origin.
Attachments
AG Russell Curved Regular Jack - Traded Off.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

It pains me to say it Jerry, but I like the looks of that knife.
If it would hold an edge, I would EDC that knife.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

AGR uses 8Cr13Mov Chinese steel, 57-59 Rc ::shrug::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
HiPower

Post by HiPower »

kizer- reate make excellent quality knives not to be confused with cheap. most in the 150.00 range & well worth it. HiPower
HiPower
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

I have both of those Ganzos. Nice knives. You feel the quality when you hold them. And being autos they fire hard and lock up solid! Very sharp too!

Randy
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

This is an old thread but i want to add my experience. I have been buying SanRenMu knives from sellers in China since 2008. I have never received one that was not hair-poppin' sharp and solidly built, excellent design and zero issues. The 'old' SRM 710, a framelock, is one i have carried and used since 2008. It is similar in design to a small Sebenza. After a few months with the 710 and i sold both my Sebenzas (large & small) because the 710 did everything i wanted it to do so well that i had no need for a Sebenza that cost about 40 times as much.
I also have knives branded Elan, Ganzo, Land, Bee, Navy & others, all under $20 shipped and i would still be happy with them even if the price had been $100, because they are very well made knives with steel that holds up very well.
I like to 'gift' knives to people who aren't expecting anything(e.g. 2 guys delivering a new gun safe, etc.) as well as to friends. The SRM, Elan, etc. make for great gifts as they are inexpensive & work so well. When i run into one of these people again, everyone has thanked me and said something to the effect "great knife, super sharp, i love it" and "where did you get it, i want to get some for my friends". For many people it is the first truly sharp blade they have ever experienced.
Hanwei is another knife/sword manufacturer in China that make very fine knives, a little more expensive but world class quality. Some years ago there was a Hanwei-Ron Lake collaboration knife based on Ron Lake's interframe design. An original Ron Lake can be up to $25,000 and as far as i know never under $15,000. These collaborations sold for about $225 and i twice read a post by a Ron Lake collector saying he was hard pressed to find any differences. These sold out so about 2 years later there was another run of these with excellent results but not quite as outstanding as the first ones. I mention this in case you come across one for sale.
And finally, my AGR Texas Ranger knives of the last 8 (9 ?) years, designed by Phil Gibbs and made in China have the best fit and finish i have ever seen. My T. Bose ivory Trapper is just as perfect.
kj
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

At the Voyles Show in Pigeon Forge, Tn. this weekend I picked up this A.G.Russell single blade sowbelly knife. I've been wanting to give one of these knives a try and once I had it in my paws at the show, I knew it was headed to Kentucky with me. The fit and finish on this knife is amazing. I have not used it for anything but spreading the mustard on my bologna sandwich but I intend to start carrying it and see what it's capable of. I have every reason to believe it's going to be a winner.
Attachments
IMG_3214.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Phil,I have had 3 of AG'S China made knives (lost 2 of them)and they are very well made.Also they will cut you if you look at them funny.The sharpest factory knives I've ever had.
Roger
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My experience was with only one A.G. Russell and it was superb.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

I have one A G Russell from China; a gift from my wife. All those Russell catalogs laying around had something todo with that. My Russell China lockblade is a very fine knife. Smooth action: perfect, in fact.
Attachments
Russell1.jpg
Mel
Bigman

Post by Bigman »

I decided a few weeks back to try a Kizer model KIi4419A4 as my first blade from them. I'm impressed with it's overall quality. It's certainly as well built as any factory knife I've ever owned. The fit,finish and lock are as good as anyone's. Plus good quality materials,sculpted aluminium scales,nested steel liners and S35vn blade. Price was 62 bucks shipped to me.So far it has worked out great as one of my EDCs.
Attachments
IMG_20160524_140558.jpg
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

Bigman wrote:I decided a few weeks back to try a Kizer model KIi4419A4 as my first blade from them. I'm impressed with it's overall quality. It's certainly as well built as any factory knife I've ever owned. The fit,finish and lock are as good as anyone's. Plus good quality materials,sculpted aluminium scales,nested steel liners and S35vn blade. Price was 62 bucks shipped to me.So far it has worked out great as one of my EDCs.

That's a good looking knife.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I bought this knife and didn't realize it was made in China until it arrived. I guess I should have known for $16 but with a little stone work it will dry shave my face. Unbelievable!
Attachments
20160524_163254.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I just received a Ganzo 719 Clip Point auto yesterday. 3.34" blade I bought it from Fast Tech for the princely sum of $18.49 (shipping included). 440C, stonewashed blade, G10 scale on one side with a metal side and a pocket clip on the other. These knives are an absolutely outstanding value for the money! Buy one. You won't be sorry. ::tu:: 8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Captain, Sir, are you able to post a picture of Ganzo ?
The only "Fast Tech" i can find is for vaping, e-cigarettes. Can you give a link ?
thanks, kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

kootenay joe wrote:Captain, Sir, are you able to post a picture of Ganzo ?
The only "Fast Tech" i can find is for vaping, e-cigarettes. Can you give a link ?
thanks, kj
Roland, Sir. See it / buy it here --> https://www.fasttech.com/product/205270 ... el-folding
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Thanks, Jerry. These are GREAT knives! Make no mistake about it, these knives are worth their weight in GOLD! Good steel, tight, well centered blade. They are worth $50.00 if they're worth a penny! Don't hesitate. Buy one now while they're still available. 8)

I wouldn't give anyone a "bum steer".
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Tried to buy one. Couldn't get PayPal to complete the transaction. ::shrug:: Cleared everything out (I hope) and quit. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Chinese-made knives”