High Quality Chinese

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
americanedgetech

Re: High Quality Chinese

Post by americanedgetech »

Sut, I feel for ya.

My advice is to use DH Gate dot com when dealing in China.
DH holds the money until you are satisfied, and no merchant is paid if you are not 100% happy with your purchase.

It is a better system than FleaBay when dealing in China because hit, and run companies are all too common there.
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
espn77

Post by espn77 »

americanedgetech wrote:Sut, I feel for ya.

My advice is to use DH Gate dot com when dealing in China.
DH holds the money until you are satisfied, and no merchant is paid if you are not 100% happy with your purchase.

It is a better system than FleaBay when dealing in China because hit, and run companies are all too common there.
Curious, what's the best way to handle a person who you've shipped knives to that won't pay for them?
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

??? I suppose that would depend on the situation.
If it is theft or intent to defraud... that is one thing.
If it is unforeseen circumstances... another entirely. ::nod::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

espn77 wrote: Curious, what's the best way to handle a person who you've shipped knives to that won't pay for them?
I'm also curious - why would you ship the product before receiving payment? To me, that's a basic requirement of doing business online. If the product is expensive enough to require an escrow service, fine - but the product doesn't leave my control until the funds are either received or in escrow.

Of course, a deal that has gone South and resulted in chargebacks is a different situation. That's often the result of a lack of communication and very misaligned expectations.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:I'm also curious - why would you ship the product before receiving payment?
Something you may already know but folks do it all the time on AAPK. It may go without saying but that service is for individuals they know or with which they have previously had successful dealings.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

For what it's worth, I have never been stiffed on a knife deal with a knife guy, both as a buyer and a seller. Maybe I was just born under a lucky star but that's been my experience. I ship and receive knives all the time with the promise of a future payment or a simple "we'll figure things out down the road". To Jerry's point, I'm usually working with individuals I know and trust or with with individuals that I've had previously successful dealings.

That said, I would still keep meticulous records in terms of accounts payable and receivable just to stay honest with yourself and others. ::handshake::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I'm loving all three of my Ganzo automatics (Ganzo G-719-BK, Ganzo G7471-BK, and my Ganzo "Firebird" F5782-BK). These are superb and I rotate these for pocket carry. I also carry a Wenger "Traveller", a GT Auto (USA made) with a 2" ATS-34 blade.

On my hip, I carry either my Buck 110 Conversion Auto or possibly my AGA Campolin Fishtail Picklock Auto (with Brazilian Horn scales) or my AKC Fishtail Picklock Auto with Cocobolo scales. Occasionally, I'll carry my new AKC Slimline lever lock (auto) or AKC Stag scale Speed Hunter (auto). There's always my Buck 898 Impact or my Queen Stag-scaled #1L swing guard Auto conversion. If I have a bug up my @$$, I'll drop my Italian AKC F-16 OTF in my sports jacket pocket.

Variety is the spice of life! ::tu:: ::ds:: ::groove::
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Great selection Captain O
::nod::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Captain O wrote:I'm loving all three of my Ganzo automatics (Ganzo G-719-BK, Ganzo G7471-BK, and my Ganzo "Firebird" F5782-BK). These are superb and I rotate these for pocket carry. I also carry a Wenger "Traveller", a GT Auto (USA made) with a 2" ATS-34 blade.

On my hip, I carry either my Buck 110 Conversion Auto or possibly my AGA Campolin Fishtail Picklock Auto (with Brazilian Horn scales) or my AKC Fishtail Picklock Auto with Cocobolo scales. Occasionally, I'll carry my new AKC Slimline lever lock (auto) or AKC Stag scale Speed Hunter (auto). There's always my Buck 898 Impact or my Queen Stag-scaled #1L swing guard Auto conversion. If I have a bug up my @$$, I'll drop my Italian AKC F-16 OTF in my sports jacket pocket.

Variety is the spice of life! ::tu:: ::ds:: ::groove::
Great selection is right would love to see them. ::tu::
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

WOW I think this is a new High Sale Price Record for a Ganzo 7211 Knife $102. I found a few places still selling them for $25

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GANZO-Razor-sh ... Swju9akeIo
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I paid under $18 for my 7211, shipped from China to me.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/100 ... el-folding
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

$35 on bladeplay
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is a SanRenMu 9015, a big solid 4 5/8" frame lock folder. Feels like a precision light weight Tank. I have never felt such a confidence inspiring knife.
There is a button that can be slid over the edge of the engaged frame lock, blocking it from moving off the tang end; i.e. keeps the blade locked open.
Hair poppin' sharp. Steel is 12C27 so edge holding should be long lasting.
This is one of The Best tactical style knives i have ever bought.
kj
Attachments
IMGP6045.JPG
IMGP6046.JPG
IMGP6047.JPG
IMGP6048.JPG
IMGP6049.JPG
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

How many times have we been told--you get what you pay for..Well sometimes in a lot of these China knives we get more than we paid for.
I am constantly surprised at the quality for the money..How can they make them for nothing?? Produced-shipped-distributed-sold and delivered to
our doors for less than the price of 3 dozen do-nuts..
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is a unique folding Fish knife made by HanWei. 5 1/2" closed length, blade 4 5/8". Depress the button on the bolster to open & close the blade.
kj
Attachments
IMGP2223.JPG
IMGP2224.JPG
IMGP2225.JPG
IMGP2226.JPG
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:16 pm Here is a unique folding Fish knife made by HanWei. 5 1/2" closed length, blade 4 5/8". Depress the button on the bolster to open & close the blade.
kj
That is a very interesting mechanism. Looks in part inspired by the old Marble's Safety Folder, but improved immensely.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”