MADE IN CHINA SCHRADES

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
deltaboy

Re: MADE IN CHINA SCHRADES

Post by deltaboy »

Mine is doing Great.
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Carried it all week and it did just fine. ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Carried a Schrade China Old Timer 6OT for 5 years still going fine. :D
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Shearer wrote:Carried a Schrade China Old Timer 6OT for 5 years still going fine. :D
::tu::

::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

So far they been good so far.
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

My Taylor 8OT still doing fine.
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

My 8OT by Taylor,been working great .
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Carried it this weekend cut everything I needed this weekend.
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Still doing what it supposed to do. ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Had it almost a year.It is still working fine and with it I am happy to say it is solid knife and Tayor doing a good job equal to Rough Rider and maybe even Queen and Case based upon the feed back I am reading hereand other knife forums.
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I have a Schrade SCHOTF8TB (Assisted-Opening Out The Front Tanto in AUS-8 steel). Having carried it quite a bit and used it for light cutting tasks, the knife performs quite well. At $41.00 to my door, I haven't been disappointed. While it isn't a "heavy use" knife it still works. Once people get over the initial shock of how it opens, they become curious. I then have to explain the assisted opening mechanism. (This happened when someone needed a blade during rehearsal at the local community theater).

I live in an auto-friendly state, but explaining this to the "sheeple" took more time than it took for the man to use the knife!

The Schrade works rather well, thank you.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Couple of Schrade Old Timers arrived in today's mail.
P1010560.JPG
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Quick Steel wrote:Couple of Schrade Old Timers arrived in today's mail.P1010560.JPG
Handsome Barlow and Camp Knife you have there, brother! A recently acquired 162OT Boot Knife is doing just fine. So many carp about the 7Cr17Mov steel. Bah! There's nothing wrong with it as long as you realize that it may require "touching up" more frequently than 8Cr13Mov or AUS-8. Heck, lots of people use and have been using Chinese-made Old Timer Sharpfingers for13 years to good effect. I'll grant you that they aren't 440C, nor are they 1095 Carbon Steel, but the fit and finish are good and the prices are excellent.

Until they run out, Blade Play is selling a 2016 Limited Edition Collector Tin set consisting a Sharpfinger and their Dog Leg Jack for $13.99 +$3.99 shipping. ($8.98 for each knife plus a Limited Lifetime Warranty is a SCREAMING deal). ::tu::

How can you go wrong?
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Good knifes.
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Let me know how that Barlow works out for you.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

The Sharpfinger and Dog Leg Jack arrived this morning and they were beautiful. The Sharpfinger was a little smaller than I thought that it would be but that keeps it compact and convenient. I gifted the Dog Leg Jack to the lady and she was thrilled. :mrgreen:

Within 90 seconds, a light effort on my Spyderco Sharpmaker's white Ceramic Sticks put a shaving-sharp edge on the skinner. This knife will prove useful and convenient. Who would have thought that for less than $9.00 (on sale) one could find what is normally sold for about $17.00. The compact hunting knife is quite impressive. The fit and finish are good and the nylon sheath isn't extremely substantial, but what it holds is just fine! Subtract the shipping, and I paid about $6.99 for each knife. ::tu:: This is an outstanding value. 8) What's not to like?

Kudos to Schrade/Taylor Brands for replicating a 44-year-old design so well that we needn't regret that it is made in the PRC. 8) :wink:
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Helpful mini-review. Thanks Captain O.
kj
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

The model Schrade Melon Tester (SS102 and SS105) are two sizes of the same long-handled, long-bladed knives These have 7Cr17MoV steel blades and hold an edge, as well as most of the Old Timer and Uncle Henry lines. My friend likes my SS105 (5.8" ivory Delrin handle and a 4.7" 7Cr17MoV Stainless Steel blade).

These are great knives for food preparation as long as you sanitize them and keep food particles from collecting in the hinge. This is important to prevent Salmonella contamination. (Antibacterial soap will work to help prevent these problems). ::tu::
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Taylor seems to have it dailed in as good as anyone out their today.
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I have seen varying reviews about Schrade's Full Tang G10-scaled boot knife, and other stonewashed sheath knives. Broken tips, chipped blades boken blades and more. Schrade will cover them with their Limited Lifetime Warranty, but are these knives inherently flawed?
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Check out Survival on Purpose on YouTube. I got a Taylor Lumberjack today. ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

What about carrying my Schrade Sheath Knives inverted? I have been thinking of doing this for "offside" city carry.

opinions?
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

deltaboy wrote:Check out Survival on Purpose on YouTube. I got a Taylor Lumberjack today. ::tu::
Very nice. Let me know how well the edge holds.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Thanks I will let you know. So far so good.
Keep Near the Cross.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I want to correct my statement about the steel in Schrade's Melon Testers. The steel in these knives is 3Cr13MoV steel, not 7Cr17MoV. This steel is more corrosion resistant, but won't hold an edge as long as the 7Cr17MoV steel. These aren't bad knives, but they aren't meant for use on hard materials. These are manufactured with a fibrous vegetable matter in mind.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”