NO MORE POLITICS !

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: NO MORE POLITICS !

Post by zed6309 »

Hi guys im back from the dead lol ::tu:: i feel forums are the wrong place for politics as course bigger issues that offend folk, i think life is hard enough as it is and these are places to come and relax, ive not been on for sometime due to money issues and my internet gets cut off most months , ive picked up a few oldies and ive a few new chinese knives ive been testing so will get some posts up soon, i hope to be getting on here more often, ive picked up and restored a few vintage kukris that i hope to sell and with the money get a few more pocket knives, chat soon

paul ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Good to see you back 'Z'.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

jerryd6818 wrote:Good to see you back 'Z'.

::tu:: cheers jerry
Paul,

aux80

Post by aux80 »

If it's a knife, and it cuts, it can be a part of my collection. I know that some of the cheaper knives may have an issue with edge retention. That's okay! I like sharpening my knives. ::ds::
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

I am brand spanking new here, and I only have a couple months of lurking under my belt BUT I LOVE this thread, and the overall "feel" of the site as a whole.

We all know how brave couch potatoes can be, and how blatantly rude some of the responses to honest questions can get.

I can 100% state that the feeling, and courtesy of this forum is TOP SHELF!

You fellas (owner/admin) have something here on the "net" to be proud of. It's a rare set of circumstances that keep people civil on line, and the major factor in that is people that "self police".
If nonsense is not allowed, then it will not be perpetrated. If you are proud of your home you keep it in good repair. If you are proud of your self you act accordingly.

Good job here everyone... kudos!
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
MUD

Post by MUD »

Just checked in on this thread.
I just wanted to know, didn't we have the same deal back in the 70s and 80s about Japanese steel?

I'm of the opinion, of it cuts and I like it, doesn't make to much difference if it was made in Pakistan.
Hahahaha.
I'm a proud American, my son serves in the Army right now and we both own knives that are not of American forging.

Thank y'all for having me here, wouldn't trade it for the world.
My name is Mud,
But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie
That's long for Mud, so I've been told
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I know this thread is pretty old. But reading through the post since started, I don’t see ANY discussion of Chinese knives. I would like to know from you all what brands of Chinese knives do you feel good about collecting? I usually avoid the garage sale junk that goes for a few bucks. But what about other brands? I recently purchased a Rike Knife. Also I see A.G. Russell offering a whole lot more knives made in China and surprise,surprise they bring pretty good money on eBay. So what other knives are okay to collect that are made in China?
Attachments
7CD209C9-CB35-4175-9BF8-DD964E92809F.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'd suggest you read through the numerous threads on this forum. There are plenty of comments by members regarding what they like or don't like about Chinese made knives.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Hi sharpnshinyknives ::tu:: here is a list of the ones ive owned and used and work well.

Rough rider
Schrade - Taylor brand
War eagle (by A.G Russell)
Timber wolf
Imperial - Taylor brand
Paul,

Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

"BUY AMERICAN OR STARVE !"
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: Chinese knives have come along way, just like Japanese knives of days gone by. I agree with what Philco wrote, this is a great forum and we should be respectful of others opnions. I have a few Chinese knives in my collection, I don't use them, as they were given to me from friends. Just my 2cents! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Recently I've been wondering if there might be a market for "Rough Rider" knives at some point since they changed their name to "Rough Ryder" recently? ::shrug::

I guess time will tell, but they've flooded the market with high production numbers of every pattern possible. It would be extremely hard to label any as rare, for quite some time.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.........do you really think JOHN WAYNE would carry a "FORREN" knife?????............... :roll: :( ::td:: ::doh:: ::barf:: ::dang:: ::facepalm:: ..................
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I agree politics don’t belong here. You don’t like Chinese knives? Don’t rant, nobody is forcing them on you so don’t buy them. I never cared for them in past years, but because quality wasn’t there. That is no longer true. At the risk of people getting mad, I own some that are awesome. I’d put them up against any made in any other country. And they are priced great. So you don’t have to like them but you’re missing out on some great knives. I don’t think they will ever go up in value but I buy for my collection not as investment. The one I’m posting a picture of is a favorite of mine. AG Russell agent w/ mop handles. $100 dollars but if it was made elsewhere it would cost a lot more. I’d put it up against any. Great fit, finish, walk and talk. In all a beautiful knife.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

wazu013 wrote:I agree with the administration and Jerry ::tu:: Here's an interesting mix. RR knives with elephant ivory handles. It's old and might be out of date. I just thought it was a cool way to get an EDC ivory.
Hopefully pre ban ivory. Elephants are cool and don’t deserve death for their teeth. I’ve never seen RR with ivory scales. Did you have them added?
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
mikekoz

Post by mikekoz »

I agree with this 100%. I posted here years ago just asking a simple question about a Schrade Taylor knife, specifically requested NO POLITICS, and I still got personally attacked. That is why to this day I post on other knife and multitool forums. There is nothing wrong with being proud you are an American, I am one myself, but do not be so arrogant that you think the rest of the world has nothing to offer. If you believe this, you are wrong. Because I am an American and live in a free country, I can buy and own any knife I want regardless of where it is made. Most of what I buy I do not use, I just want it to add to my collection, so it actually does not even matter what the quality is like. I will buy whatever I like! That is what is called a free market. I am going to take a look around this forum again and see if things have changed. If so, you may see a post by me here and there. I know there is MANY knowledgeable people here and sometimes I need all the help I can get!! :D
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I am so, so sorry you were soured early on by the response of a few. Unfortunately that experience has caused you to miss out on the experience and comradery of a majority of some great and knowledgeable people. Thank you for giving us another chance.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Coolknife

Post by Coolknife »

I have collected knives for a long time, and would never buy a Chinese knife until the last couple of years. I wouldn't buy them for several reasons, but mostly because the quality was bad. That has improved greatly and some pretty decent knives are coming out of China now. I still look for knives made in USA, Germany, Japan etc... and know the few China made knives I have are probably never going to be worth much, but some are pretty nice knives. About five or six months ago I decided to try and sell a big part of my collection. I listed them on Craigslist and I was surprised by some emails I received ! One guy basically called me a traitor because one was made in China. He really went of on me about being a real American etc... It was an all out assault and after having a little laugh about it to myself, I answered that he didn't have to buy it or any of my knives. I thought that was the end of it, but he wouldn't let it go and sent several replies accusing me of all sorts of anti-American activities. It would have been funny but for the fact this guy started threatening my life etc... I will always buy good American knives, but will also buy anything I like. Sad that some people take it so far, but they are more to be pitied than hated . They probably have more serious things going on in their heads and being hateful and mean is just a by product. It is sad though. :?
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

Good or bad quality is one thing. Theft of intellectual property is theft, another issue altogether. Even Ganzo copied a ProTech...
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Super sorry to everyone for my yammer on awhile back, in the RR thread :oops: :oops: . That was before I saw this thread from Phil (just read now), please accept my apology guys ::handshake:: .
From now on i'll make sure to keep politics in the politics thread. Still learning the rops around here, have a long way to good :) ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

Thank you for enforcing this! Much appreciated.
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

THANK YOU for enforcing this! ::tu::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I didn’t buy Chinese knives in the past because of low quality and because I much prefer buying American. However, the quality of many Chinese made knives made today exceeds the quality of many American or European knives at a fraction of the price. I would still refrain from buying them except for the fact that MOST EVERYTHING MADE TODAY is imported from China. It’s become nearly impossible to find ANYTHING not imported from China. Clothes, appliances, household goods etc. So we don’t have many options. Politics do not belong in this forum! Why complain about Chinese knives because if you boycott China you’d walk around naked and have virtually NO GOODS made domestically anymore to choose from. I don’t blame the Chinese. I blame all the American manufacturers for going overseas to raise their profit margins. It’s due to greed that American companies produce very little made in America anymore and even those that do make products here usually make them from imported materials. It’s not so much a political issue but it’s a problem caused by pure greed. It’s absurd to single out knives. It’s American companies that have virtually destroyed our economy beyond repair. The solution would be to increase American manufacturing at a competitive price. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

OSCAR wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:15 pm I didn’t buy Chinese knives in the past because of low quality and because I much prefer buying American. However, the quality of many Chinese made knives made today exceeds the quality of many American or European knives at a fraction of the price. I would still refrain from buying them except for the fact that MOST EVERYTHING MADE TODAY is imported from China. It’s become nearly impossible to find ANYTHING not imported from China. Clothes, appliances, household goods etc. So we don’t have many options. Politics do not belong in this forum! Why complain about Chinese knives because if you boycott China you’d walk around naked and have virtually NO GOODS made domestically anymore to choose from. I don’t blame the Chinese. I blame all the American manufacturers for going overseas to raise their profit margins. It’s due to greed that American companies produce very little made in America anymore and even those that do make products here usually make them from imported materials. It’s not so much a political issue but it’s a problem caused by pure greed. It’s absurd to single out knives. It’s American companies that have virtually destroyed our economy beyond repair. The solution would be to increase American manufacturing at a competitive price. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
::tu::
chickenman62

Post by chickenman62 »

Well said!

Return to “Chinese-made knives”