NO MORE POLITICS !

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

NO MORE POLITICS !

Post by philco »

"Chinese Factory Manufactured Knives
Whether we like them or loath them, Chinese manufactured knives have found their way into collections of all sorts across the entire globe. The intent of this forum is to offer a place where AAPK members can discuss the knives and not the politics."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Bryan created this forum to provide a place where members could discuss Chinese made cutlery without the hassle of the continual political discussion that some members seem to think they must interject into every thread that mentions Chinese cutlery.
The other moderators and I have become somewhat lax in that we have allowed the same little band of "political activist" to invade what is supposed to be a politics free zone with their rants.

I want to give fair warning here and now that from this point forward the NO POLITICS rule will be strictly enforced. If you can't resist launching a political rant then be prepared to spend your time elsewhere because you won't be spending it here any longer.

One of the things that sets AAPK apart from many other online websites it the way members interact RESPECTFULLY toward one another. I fully realize that the influx of Chinese made cutlery into the U.S. marketplace is an emotional issue for some and perhaps many of our members. That does not, however, entitle anyone to continually harass those who wish to discuss knives made in China or anywhere else.

Phil Stevens
AAPK Administrator
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
ironmage

Re: NO MORE POLITICS !

Post by ironmage »

We all thank you Sr.I now fill more free in posting on this thread.I think you all do a wonderful job on moderating this forum.You all at AAPK git a big hand clap from Ohio.
"Sometimes the best part of a knife was the hunt",PK
" Fēng xiàng zhuàn biàn shí, yǒu rén zhú qiáng, yǒu rén zào fēng chē!"
"When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills!"
wishful

Post by wishful »

Phil, I totally agree with your stance on name-calling and berating fellow AAPK members. However, I don't quite understand why we can't discuss politics. Every other subject under the sun is discussed in these forums, with knife discussions making up only a small portion of the forums. I am a Christian, but many times I have seen someone in here insinuate that if one is not a Christian, then they are not worthy. Why are those types of posts allowed? If we can't discuss politics, why are we allowed to discuss religion, the nation's problems, Obama, etc, etc. I am not trying to be controversial, but merely asking a question.
Life would be meaningless if we couldn't wish for anything.
Classic Case

Post by Classic Case »

I believe he is talking about politics in this forum. Go to the off topic forums to vent is the way I take it.
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

Classic Case wrote:I believe he is talking about politics in this forum. Go to the off topic forums to vent is the way I take it.
That is what he said.Just go to the right thread for the right topic.That is the way it should be.He did not say you cant rant just do it on the right thread.lol
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

wishful wrote:Phil, I totally agree with your stance on name-calling and berating fellow AAPK members. However, I don't quite understand why we can't discuss politics. Every other subject under the sun is discussed in these forums, with knife discussions making up only a small portion of the forums. I am a Christian, but many times I have seen someone in here insinuate that if one is not a Christian, then they are not worthy. Why are those types of posts allowed? If we can't discuss politics, why are we allowed to discuss religion, the nation's problems, Obama, etc, etc. I am not trying to be controversial, but merely asking a question.
I missed something.Win did name-calling come in to play?
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Wishful and others, if you will read the preamble that is posted for this particular forum you will see that Bryan created it as a place where Chinese cutlery could be discussed WITHOUT POLITICS coming into the mix. The forum was created in an attempt to allow those who wish to discuss Chinese made cutlery to have a place to do so without being belittled, harassesd or made into some sort of political scapegoat.

I've tried to grant a little latitude in this area for the sake of open discussion but it's clear to me that more stringent enforcement of this restriction is needed since some of our members don't seem to be willing to leave it alone otherwise.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Hey Phil... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: ::nod:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's very simple. AAPK is provided free of cost by a very generous host, a place where we can cuss and discuss knives and sometimes other things. Our host wishes it to be this way (and I do not disagree with him) so my opinion is his wishes should be respected. If anyone doesn't want to do that, in this great country with some freedoms left, you are welcome to find another place to vent your spleen. I don't mean leave AAPK. I'm simply suggesting we can have the political type discussions in the Off Topic Forum as our host wishes or on another web site but not in the China Knife forum where he has asked very nicely that we not discuss the political aspects of Chinese knives.

Just as we have different rooms in our house for specific activities, so do we here. It may be a crude analogy but there are certain things you do only in the bathroom.

Don't sound hard to me.

JMO by an old opinionated geezer who's not shy about sharing his opinion.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
gino

Post by gino »

Phil, PM sent
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I know I'm a new guy here, but it sounds fair enough to me. I like everyone else have some strong political views about china, although I do own a china knife or two that we're given to me. It is nice to have a place where we can discuss the merits of the knife in question without having to defend our patriotism.

Off topic is the place to discuss off topic stuff, this is the place for chicom knives. Sounds simple enough to me.

Thanks mods for a great forum. Keep up the good work!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

Phil, due to a busy lifestyle I have missed reading posts and sending posts for a couple of weeks. When I had the opportunity to log in to my favorite site, I almost fell out of my chair after reading the varied post on this thread. As you know I'm ex-military, love my country, gave blood, sweat and tears to serve and defend her. I was so concerned about the new members to our site and if they felt cornered, berated or would develop a negative impression of AAPK as though we did not promote, support and encourage freedom of speech, ideas and individualism. The new members today will carry this site's goals and visions that Bryan and others wish to convey in knife collecting as well as passing the legacy of knifing history to the new members in our future. I believe in this site, it's wonderful rich history and in the important resource of it's members. We can agree to disagree agreeably about our passion and beliefs but if we deny others their freedoms of expression, we become no better than those whom we despise who surpress the freedoms and liberties of their fellow countrymen. I agree that we should be able to express our ideas and thoughts on politics and other areas of intrest but do so in an appropriate forum and without causing others to feel defensive in their personal views. Finally, I also would like to learn about knives from various cultures and that would include China.- Rocky ::handshake::
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE
lxplumm

Post by lxplumm »

While I agree that we shouldn't have to listen to people telling us who are enemies are, it's OK to express a chauvinistic preference for knives made in America, right?

Otherwise we will probably be disenfranchising a majority of the people who post on this website.
Lane
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I agree with the administration and Jerry ::tu:: Here's an interesting mix. RR knives with elephant ivory handles. It's old and might be out of date. I just thought it was a cool way to get an EDC ivory.
Attachments
IvoryKnives.jpg
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
sharalds

Post by sharalds »

I agree with the administration and Jerry Here's an interesting mix. RR knives with elephant ivory handles. It's old and might be out of date. I just thought it was a cool way to get an EDC ivory.

Attachments:

IvoryKnives.jpg [ 87.5 KiB | Viewed 10 times ]

Awsome retort wazu013 even ending with the national anthem
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Hi guys im back from the dead lol ::tu:: i feel forums are the wrong place for politics as course bigger issues that offend folk, i think life is hard enough as it is and these are places to come and relax, ive not been on for sometime due to money issues and my internet gets cut off most months , ive picked up a few oldies and ive a few new chinese knives ive been testing so will get some posts up soon, i hope to be getting on here more often, ive picked up and restored a few vintage kukris that i hope to sell and with the money get a few more pocket knives, chat soon

paul ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Good to see you back 'Z'.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

jerryd6818 wrote:Good to see you back 'Z'.

::tu:: cheers jerry
Paul,

aux80

Post by aux80 »

If it's a knife, and it cuts, it can be a part of my collection. I know that some of the cheaper knives may have an issue with edge retention. That's okay! I like sharpening my knives. ::ds::
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

I am brand spanking new here, and I only have a couple months of lurking under my belt BUT I LOVE this thread, and the overall "feel" of the site as a whole.

We all know how brave couch potatoes can be, and how blatantly rude some of the responses to honest questions can get.

I can 100% state that the feeling, and courtesy of this forum is TOP SHELF!

You fellas (owner/admin) have something here on the "net" to be proud of. It's a rare set of circumstances that keep people civil on line, and the major factor in that is people that "self police".
If nonsense is not allowed, then it will not be perpetrated. If you are proud of your home you keep it in good repair. If you are proud of your self you act accordingly.

Good job here everyone... kudos!
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
MUD

Post by MUD »

Just checked in on this thread.
I just wanted to know, didn't we have the same deal back in the 70s and 80s about Japanese steel?

I'm of the opinion, of it cuts and I like it, doesn't make to much difference if it was made in Pakistan.
Hahahaha.
I'm a proud American, my son serves in the Army right now and we both own knives that are not of American forging.

Thank y'all for having me here, wouldn't trade it for the world.
My name is Mud,
But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie
That's long for Mud, so I've been told
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I know this thread is pretty old. But reading through the post since started, I don’t see ANY discussion of Chinese knives. I would like to know from you all what brands of Chinese knives do you feel good about collecting? I usually avoid the garage sale junk that goes for a few bucks. But what about other brands? I recently purchased a Rike Knife. Also I see A.G. Russell offering a whole lot more knives made in China and surprise,surprise they bring pretty good money on eBay. So what other knives are okay to collect that are made in China?
Attachments
7CD209C9-CB35-4175-9BF8-DD964E92809F.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'd suggest you read through the numerous threads on this forum. There are plenty of comments by members regarding what they like or don't like about Chinese made knives.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Hi sharpnshinyknives ::tu:: here is a list of the ones ive owned and used and work well.

Rough rider
Schrade - Taylor brand
War eagle (by A.G Russell)
Timber wolf
Imperial - Taylor brand
Paul,

Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

"BUY AMERICAN OR STARVE !"