NO MORE POLITICS !

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
mikekoz

Re: NO MORE POLITICS !

Post by mikekoz »

I agree with this 100%. I posted here years ago just asking a simple question about a Schrade Taylor knife, specifically requested NO POLITICS, and I still got personally attacked. That is why to this day I post on other knife and multitool forums. There is nothing wrong with being proud you are an American, I am one myself, but do not be so arrogant that you think the rest of the world has nothing to offer. If you believe this, you are wrong. Because I am an American and live in a free country, I can buy and own any knife I want regardless of where it is made. Most of what I buy I do not use, I just want it to add to my collection, so it actually does not even matter what the quality is like. I will buy whatever I like! That is what is called a free market. I am going to take a look around this forum again and see if things have changed. If so, you may see a post by me here and there. I know there is MANY knowledgeable people here and sometimes I need all the help I can get!! :D
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I am so, so sorry you were soured early on by the response of a few. Unfortunately that experience has caused you to miss out on the experience and comradery of a majority of some great and knowledgeable people. Thank you for giving us another chance.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Coolknife

Post by Coolknife »

I have collected knives for a long time, and would never buy a Chinese knife until the last couple of years. I wouldn't buy them for several reasons, but mostly because the quality was bad. That has improved greatly and some pretty decent knives are coming out of China now. I still look for knives made in USA, Germany, Japan etc... and know the few China made knives I have are probably never going to be worth much, but some are pretty nice knives. About five or six months ago I decided to try and sell a big part of my collection. I listed them on Craigslist and I was surprised by some emails I received ! One guy basically called me a traitor because one was made in China. He really went of on me about being a real American etc... It was an all out assault and after having a little laugh about it to myself, I answered that he didn't have to buy it or any of my knives. I thought that was the end of it, but he wouldn't let it go and sent several replies accusing me of all sorts of anti-American activities. It would have been funny but for the fact this guy started threatening my life etc... I will always buy good American knives, but will also buy anything I like. Sad that some people take it so far, but they are more to be pitied than hated . They probably have more serious things going on in their heads and being hateful and mean is just a by product. It is sad though. :?
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

Good or bad quality is one thing. Theft of intellectual property is theft, another issue altogether. Even Ganzo copied a ProTech...
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Super sorry to everyone for my yammer on awhile back, in the RR thread :oops: :oops: . That was before I saw this thread from Phil (just read now), please accept my apology guys ::handshake:: .
From now on i'll make sure to keep politics in the politics thread. Still learning the rops around here, have a long way to good :) ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

Thank you for enforcing this! Much appreciated.
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

THANK YOU for enforcing this! ::tu::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I didn’t buy Chinese knives in the past because of low quality and because I much prefer buying American. However, the quality of many Chinese made knives made today exceeds the quality of many American or European knives at a fraction of the price. I would still refrain from buying them except for the fact that MOST EVERYTHING MADE TODAY is imported from China. It’s become nearly impossible to find ANYTHING not imported from China. Clothes, appliances, household goods etc. So we don’t have many options. Politics do not belong in this forum! Why complain about Chinese knives because if you boycott China you’d walk around naked and have virtually NO GOODS made domestically anymore to choose from. I don’t blame the Chinese. I blame all the American manufacturers for going overseas to raise their profit margins. It’s due to greed that American companies produce very little made in America anymore and even those that do make products here usually make them from imported materials. It’s not so much a political issue but it’s a problem caused by pure greed. It’s absurd to single out knives. It’s American companies that have virtually destroyed our economy beyond repair. The solution would be to increase American manufacturing at a competitive price. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

OSCAR wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:15 pm I didn’t buy Chinese knives in the past because of low quality and because I much prefer buying American. However, the quality of many Chinese made knives made today exceeds the quality of many American or European knives at a fraction of the price. I would still refrain from buying them except for the fact that MOST EVERYTHING MADE TODAY is imported from China. It’s become nearly impossible to find ANYTHING not imported from China. Clothes, appliances, household goods etc. So we don’t have many options. Politics do not belong in this forum! Why complain about Chinese knives because if you boycott China you’d walk around naked and have virtually NO GOODS made domestically anymore to choose from. I don’t blame the Chinese. I blame all the American manufacturers for going overseas to raise their profit margins. It’s due to greed that American companies produce very little made in America anymore and even those that do make products here usually make them from imported materials. It’s not so much a political issue but it’s a problem caused by pure greed. It’s absurd to single out knives. It’s American companies that have virtually destroyed our economy beyond repair. The solution would be to increase American manufacturing at a competitive price. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Just my opinion for what it’s worth.
::tu::
chickenman62

Post by chickenman62 »

Well said!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

SMH. So wrong, on so many levels. It’s sad. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:06 pm SMH. So wrong, on so many levels. It’s sad. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
I'm with ya Ken.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “Chinese-made knives”