Rose craft blades...!??

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rose craft blades...!??

Post by Madmarco »

That particular model that Ken posted very much reminds me of something Rough Rider would produce. ::hmm::
It's a bit of a shame that they can't definitively state their knives are USA made, but who knows, perhaps the story they told Gary is true and someday they will. ::shrug:: Time will tell.
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

QTCut5 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:34 pm Here's my only RoseCraft Blades: It's a Clinch River T005 Wharncliffe Swayback with Bourbon Bone. Very well made knife. I can't find anything not to like about it...except maybe the bolster, which looks a lot like some I've seen on Rough Ryder knives (at least it doesn't have an "R"!). It's an amazingly good quality knife and hard to beat for only $42. I am curious about the interesting pile side tang etch with what appears to be interlocking bones in the shape of a letter "A" with a rose at the top. ::shrug::
This knife was voted "Best Imported Knife" at the 2023 Blade Show!
8)
8)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:55 pm This knife was voted "Best Imported Knife" at the 2023 Blade Show!
I can see why; it's a very well-built knife. ::tu::
~Q~
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

What a nice looking knife I think I will have to investigate these knives ::nod::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I ordered a RoseCraft "Zambesi" model yesterday cuz I was intrigued with it's shape, but as I look at the pictures again today I'm asking myself, WHY? ::shrug::
I originally thought it's shape was unusual, which it is, but it's almost leaning toward ugly. ::facepalm::
I think the fact that the Orange Bourbon Swayback Clinch model that a few of you guys bought and posted was sold out played a big part in my decision. Your knife not only was voted "Best Import", but it's all over the internet knife sites cuz folks are very excited about it and it's becoming an instant winner. I haven't seen that happen too often.
In the listing at RoseCraft.com they've included a picture of the trophy it won for "Best Import", cuz those guys are very proud of it.
The "Zambesi" wasn't expensive by any means, and it certainly will have a place in my collection, but in this case hindsight for me was 20/20.
I'll post and review it when I get it!
8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

KLJ77 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:43 pm Received my ~Q~ enticed Clinch River T005 yesterday. Man, am I a Happy Camper. I couldn't be more pleased with this one. The bone is SUPERB and that orange just explodes with 'taste.' I purchased this one from TPK (Traditional Pocket Knives), for they were the only ones who still had it. GREAT service!

Photos...yeah, I'm bragging.
Their Sheepsfoot Jack sold out immediately. They must be doing something right. There are still some scratch bone clip blades available, will be interesting to see how long they sit around for.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:21 pm I ordered a RoseCraft "Zambesi" model yesterday cuz I was intrigued with it's shape, but as I look at the pictures again today I'm asking myself, WHY? ::shrug::
I originally thought it's shape was unusual, which it is, but it's almost leaning toward ugly. ::facepalm::
I think the fact that the Orange Bourbon Swayback Clinch model that a few of you guys bought and posted was sold out played a big part in my decision. Your knife not only was voted "Best Import", but it's all over the internet knife sites cuz folks are very excited about it and it's becoming an instant winner. I haven't seen that happen too often.
In the listing at RoseCraft.com they've included a picture of the trophy it won for "Best Import", cuz those guys are very proud of it.
The "Zambesi" wasn't expensive by any means, and it certainly will have a place in my collection, but in this case hindsight for me was 20/20.
8)
Mate, just to give you some context to compare to, just saw the latest Barlow Sheepsfoot Smooth Bone release next to a Case Sodbuster Jr., just a tad smaller, perfect size for me. No wonder they sold out immediately. ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm not making the connection between what I posted and what you're quoting, cudgee, could you kindly explain? ::shrug:: Thx!
8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:46 pm I'm not making the connection between what I posted and what you're quoting, cudgee, could you kindly explain? ::shrug:: Thx!
8)
No connection, sorry for the confusion. They look like good quality knives and saw a photo of the recently released and sold out Barlow Sheepsfoot, and they look like perfectly sized EDC's., that's all. As you were.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

No need to apologize, cudgee, no harm no foul!
Carrying on!
8)
8)
Tasky

Post by Tasky »

Saw a few videos of their lineup, along with Swaggs, one of their designers.
I'm not sure if hers are designed with women specifically in mind, but a few more designers like her and I might finally get the wife interested.
WARNING: This forum post contains words known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Tasky wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:06 pm Saw a few videos of their lineup, along with Swaggs, one of their designers.
I'm not sure if hers are designed with women specifically in mind, but a few more designers like her and I might finally get the wife interested.
I have a few Swaggs Wharncliffe Swayback flippers that she designed for Kizer and I think they are very impressive, well-made knives (definitely not designed just for women either). There are two button lock models in red & purple, and two liner lock models in green & orange (that I know of). Personally, I prefer the liner lock versions, but they all have a nice solid lockup.

My three Kizer Swagga Swaybacks can be seen in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47790&start=1575
~Q~
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

KLJ77 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:43 pm Received my ~Q~ enticed Clinch River T005 yesterday. Man, am I a Happy Camper. I couldn't be more pleased with this one. The bone is SUPERB and that orange just explodes with 'taste.' I purchased this one from TPK (Traditional Pocket Knives), for they were the only ones who still had it. GREAT service!

Photos...yeah, I'm bragging.
Sweet pictures and angles. You have them all covered, which I loooooooooooove. Usually we see one or two sides in two dimensions. You nailed it. Thanks. And very good looking knife. ::tu::
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

This just in, a very solid piece, reminds me exactly of a RRider. Probably made in the same factory. Everything as it should be, solid lock up, tight no wobble open, great walk and talk and better bones than I'm used to from the other side of the pond. And I do like the little soda can insulator. Probably keep it, but the knife is family reunion gift fodder for the 10-12 year olds.
Attachments
20230624_175140.jpg
20230624_175458.jpg
20230624_175159.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Sorry for a late reply to you IMan. Thank you for your comment.

As to your photos...SUPERB! I like the way you laid everything out. ::tu:: And you got yourself a really nice looking Clinch River Wharnie. The third pic truly gives the bone a perfect look. RC puts out a great product.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:21 pm I ordered a RoseCraft "Zambesi" model yesterday cuz I was intrigued with it's shape, but as I look at the pictures again today I'm asking myself, WHY? ::shrug::
8)
Well, it took a month coming from Ohio, but as promised here it is, the RoseCraft RCT002 "Zambesi" slip-joint!
I was having 2nd thoughts about this knife ever since shortly after I ordered it, but once I had it in my hands all my concerns were alleviated. It's still not the most attractive knife, but I can assure you it would be a pleasure to use, especially with how the big finger choil wraps itself around your finger and is snuggly in place. To me it almost feels like an extension of my hand it's so comfortable!
The knife is 6" oal with a D2 drop-point blade with long pull, SS bolsters liners and shield, NS pins, and smokey grey bone covers.
It weighs 3.5 oz.'s and out of the box came wickedly sharp.
We now come to the one thing I would improve on, the walk and talk. This knife undoubtedly has the strongest pull I've experienced, that being a 10+, and a dangerously strong talk with a half-stop and closing snap that would easily snip off fingertips. Even applying Quick Release oil made zero difference. A major flaw, IMHO. The fact that the long pull is wide and deep enough to accommodate a bit of the meat in my thumb and not rely totally on my thumbnail makes it do-able.
It's perfect fit and finish make-up slightly for it's ridiculous W + T, but only slightly, and it's Moki like run-up helps too.
That being said, I still really like this knife and am even considering setting myself up to do some whittling!
8)
WIN_20230704_18_41_28_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230704_18_40_07_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Gave into the encouraging information about these Rosecraft Blades knives when I saw they had some Barlow’s. I got this one in today and another one with smooth bone handles coming. I must say that I am blown away by this. All steel construction with no brass. Great run up, great centering, great fit and finish and I like the jigging on the bone handles. My wife is eyeing it also, she thinks this would make a great knife to carry and I agree with her on that one. For less than 60 bucks, I can honestly say that this knife well worth every penny and more.
Attachments
IMG_5840.jpeg
IMG_5841.jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5843.jpeg
IMG_5844.jpeg
IMG_5845.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Beautiful, Mark, you chose a nice one.
I love the color and jigging on that knife, reminds me of another burnt orange barb-wire pattern I've seen! lol!
Nice score, bud, can't wait to see the other one that's on the way.
What is that metal sticking up I'm seeing inside the channel in the 2nd last picture?
8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That’s just a thread from my wipe off cloth. I didn’t see it until I had looked over the pictures on my IPad. My eyesight is definitely suffering.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's not what I meant, Mark.
I thought it looked like a piece of metal, and that's because it is, it's actually the blade. In that picture I though the blade was deployed and the channel was empty, but when I enlarged the picture I can see clearly it's just the blade inside the channel. I guess it's the angle the shot was taken from. Sorry!
8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Here is the smooth bone with the sheepsfoot blade. I really like these, wish I could offer them in my store. The quality is excellent.
Attachments
IMG_5874.jpeg
IMG_5876.jpeg
IMG_5877.jpeg
IMG_5878.jpeg
IMG_5879.jpeg
Corn Creek Cutlery
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

I have been looking at Rosecraft Blades for a while, but hadn't pulled the trigger on a purchase. After reading your reviews here, I am convinced ... just put in an order for the Swayback and the Beaver Creek Barlow. Thanks for your info!
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Very nice looking knife, hope you enjoy it.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Corn Creek Cutlery
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Rosecraft Blades arrived yesterday. Very pleased ... great fit and finish ... transitions are smooth, and blades are sharp! Only indifference is the Barlow handle showing in the pic is not even at the top with the liner. The other Barlow handle and everything on the Swayback is perfect. Very pleased, and will buy more of their knives. Thanks again for you guys reviews on these!
Attachments
20231217_173611.jpg
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:52 pm Rosecraft Blades arrived yesterday. Very pleased ... great fit and finish ... transitions are smooth, and blades are sharp! Only indifference is the Barlow handle showing in the pic is not even at the top with the liner. The other Barlow handle and everything on the Swayback is perfect. Very pleased, and will buy more of their knives. Thanks again for you guys reviews on these!
Update on the uneven handle on the Beaver Creek Barlow. After closer inspection, the bone is just slightly different, which made it look uneven at first. When running a finger across, the transition is very smooth. I have since handled many RoseCraft Blades knives patterns, and the consistency in quality is excellent!! Here is a French Broad Jack in Red Apple Bone:
Attachments
s-l140 (1).png
s-l140 (1).png (49.52 KiB) Viewed 639 times
s-l960 (1).png

Return to “Chinese-made knives”