KA-BAR rigger's / marlin spike

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
DanTX1953

KA-BAR rigger's / marlin spike

Post by DanTX1953 »

Just picked up this KA-BAR rigger's knife, it's in excellent condition.

* I understand that Camillus was the primary manufacturer of the rigger's / marlin spike knife for Kabar,
Attachments
Z   KABAR.jpg
Ridgegrass

Re: KA-BAR rigger's / marlin spike

Post by Ridgegrass »

Nice one! Understand the ones in yellow and red are very sought after. I have a black one too. ::tu:: J.O'.
DanTX1953

Post by DanTX1953 »

Ridgegrass wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:22 pm Nice one! Understand the ones in yellow and red are very sought after. I have a black one too. ::tu:: J.O'.
thanks Ridgegrass,
would you happen to have a picture of the red or yellow ones ?

I do have the Case version in yellow, have never seen a red one , sounds really cool
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

DanTX1953 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:24 pm Just picked up this KA-BAR rigger's knife, it's in excellent condition.

* I understand that Camillus was the primary manufacturer of the rigger's / marlin spike knife for Kabar,
Yes, your knife is likely a Camillus product, but while the KA-BAR factory was still open KA-BAR made their own rigging knives.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Never seen the red, only heard of them. Had a yellow years ago, pretty bad shape, don't know what became of it. No pics for the red or yellow, Sorry. Here's a lime/yellow Wichard roper/rigger from France . The KA-BAR yellow was more lemon colored. Here's also an older KA-BAR rigger like yours in black.(Not a great color on a boat in dim light.) Enjoy your knife. Got the box too! ::tu:: J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_4583.jpg
IMG_4584.jpg

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”