Kabar Collection

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Kabar Collection

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Just thought I would give you all a “heads up”. Just bought a 60 piece Kabar collection and will be offering them first here on AAPK before I put any of them on Ebay. Here are some pictures of the entire collection. I will be cleaning, oiling and Ren Waxing these a few at a time, so it will take bit before they are all listed. If you see one in the group shots you are looking for, send me a PM or email and I will move it up in the cleaning schedule and take pictures and talk price. There are some really beautiful stag knives in this collection. Most have boxes or a display case, but there are a few stragglers that don’t. I think some of these knives were simply put back in their boxes and stored for the last 30 or 40 years. So far the few I have cleaned had slow snap that woke right up when I put “Quick Release” on the joints and pivots. Any issues I find will be in the descriptions. All have never been used or resharpened. Send me a PM or email if interested. Thanks.
Attachments
495D1AD1-FABC-4B24-A05A-171DCE008197.jpeg
A7855659-20C1-4CEA-B4F6-5FF4F1BB65F2.jpeg
8ECFCD7B-C8DF-4273-BA06-48595701A721.jpeg
148B3E2C-497F-4CB5-AE92-D3A5965C1DA2.jpeg
91813695-3073-4420-AD0A-9937AA4A78BC.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Beavertail

Re: Kabar Collection

Post by Beavertail »

Beautiful collection!
I see some Dogheads!! ::woot::
Tim
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I guess it's the fact I don't follow Kabar too much, but 3/4 of those I've never seen before.

I'm curious--are those white-handle rope knives real ivory? Or synthetic/micarta?

Note to self--buy some Quick Release.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Looks like you got another Red Bone "Dolphin II" in there to replace the one I got from you awhile back. I sure do love that knife...thanks again for selling it to me (even though I have a feeling you didn't really want to part with it). Apparently, sometimes Karma actually rewards you for being selfless. ::nod::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

cody6268 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:04 pm I guess it's the fact I don't follow Kabar too much, but 3/4 of those I've never seen before.

I'm curious--are those white-handle rope knives real ivory? Or synthetic/micarta?

Note to self--buy some Quick Release.
No they aren’t ivory. They are white smooth bone.
The only real ivory is the big folding hunter. It’s going to be one of the first knives I list.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Looks like you pick up some nice KA-Kar ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Q. There are several here that have my attention and that Dolphin is one of them.

Thanks Gary, it is nice collection.
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Mark, last pic, bottom middle, stag lockback. What can you tell me about that one? Thanks
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Montanaman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:40 am Mark, last pic, bottom middle, stag lockback. What can you tell me about that one? Thanks
That one got my attention too Kris. From what I found out, it was made in 1979. It’s built on an 1186 frame. Only 750 were made. They used some very nice Sambar stag on all of these. This one has beautiful stag both front and back. I will get photo’s taken later and send them to you via a PM.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Nice bunch of Queens!!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Over half, I think 35 of the 60 knives from this collection have already sold. There are still some really nice knives left in my store:https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... e=standard
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Sold the last two knives from this collection today. Thank you all.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Congratulations Mark, I'm glad for you! ::handshake:: I know I was lucky enough to grab the white Kabar coke-bottle I've wanted for so long, not to mention another Marble's boxcar, and the price I paid was amazing considering I'm seeing them listed for hundreds of dollars online everyday! Thank you! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Mark. Glad you like that one so much. I learned a lot with this collection that I didn’t know. It was a good exercise for my mind and I learned quite a bit about Kabar knives and their history. There were a lot of really sweet knives in that collection, I just wanted to keep them all, but as Mary says; “you can’t keep them all”.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”