Who made KA-BAR pocket knives?

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Who made KA-BAR pocket knives?

Post by Miller Bro's »

Robo wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:56 am My motto is "collectors correct." The show isn't over! New collectors enter the vintage pocket knife world every day. They deserve an accurate accounting of the facinating history of pocket knives and the industry. It's our job to help them receive it. We shouldn't blush to point out mistakes and the experts--titans of the community or not-- shouldn't blush at owning up to them. Thanks for your thoughtful response, brother, Hope you and yours are well.
Absolutely! ::handshake::
AAPK Janitor
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I think this Folding Hunter was made by Queen, possibly in September of 1983, as the pile side stamp I believe indicates a date rather than a pattern number. The mirror polishing on this knife is remarkable, had a hard time taking pictures without getting reflections. Eric said previously he's pretty sure Canal Street didn't make this knife.

Could it have been Bluegrass? ::shrug::
Attachments
IMG_20210704_135212385.jpg
IMG_20210704_135247517.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I don't know but it is a good looking and well made knife ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

:)
Miller Bro's wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:06 pm I don't know but it is a good looking and well made knife ::tu::

I agree. ::handshake::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”