KA-BAR blade trader

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
RLP

KA-BAR blade trader

Post by RLP »

I have an old KA-BAR blade trader lever lock knife that I know nothing about. still can't get pics to post to this forum but I can email them if interested. Front of ricasso is marked KA-BAR and back is marked UNION CUTLERY CO over OLEAN NY. Any help would be appreciated.
Gunsil

Re: KA-BAR blade trader

Post by Gunsil »

What is it you'd like to know?? They were not made after WW2, they came with a hunting knife blade, a butcher type blade, and a fork all held in a sheath with a compartment for each utensil. There were two versions, only made with stag scales. They were kind of silly since with one handle you could not use the fork and a knife at the same time. They are quite collectable in fine condition.
RLP

Post by RLP »

That tells me a lot. Mine has no fork. It does have the original sheath and I see how it could hold the fork.Thank-you very much for the info. Now I'll go fork hunting haha. Thanks again!
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Here is a set with the fork. Might be worth it to get one made to complete your set.
Attachments
DSC07901.JPG
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Here is the other version, note that the lever operates in reverse from the other more common version.
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0354.jpg
RLP

Post by RLP »

Hi Wayne, Mine is like the the second one but has the hunting blade of the first one. Thanks for the response.
RLP

Post by RLP »

Thanks Gunsil, the photos are very appreciated as is the response.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I have only seen one other with the top bolster on the one side and the lever working opposite of the models without the bolster. Yours would make three. Sure wish you'd get a photo of it up.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”