KCC Muskrats

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
chorizotaco

KCC Muskrats

Post by chorizotaco »

I have 2 Muskrats that are from the KCC, I'm pretty sure, and one has the number "416" on the bolster. I talked to one guy that his parents were members for years and supposedly Kabar would put their KCC number on the knife or is this a limited run? Who made these? Thanks.
Muskrat 1.jpg
Muskrat 2.jpg
Muskrat 3.jpg
KleenCut61

Re: KCC Muskrats

Post by KleenCut61 »

There Very nice Knifes , Something I Hadn't seen Before , The MP92 < Muskrat Pattern > <1992> I Have a Few Sets By Kabar , Sunfish ( 86), Hunters (86)(77) , No Others , I Think You would be missing one ,Three was the Norm For the Smaller Models , Would Have to look up the Production Numbers ,, but The Later the Dates the More Were manufactured ,500-1100( SETS)Would be My Guess.. Yes Collector Club For Sure !! ::tu:: K.C.
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

sextonknifeworks wrote:You can find them all (all 115 of them ) in Levine's Guide to Knives 5th Edition page 166.
K.C. Makers were Alcas , Later Years Case and Queen , so I am Told ::tu::
chorizotaco

Post by chorizotaco »

Thank you

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”