H.O.F.H.(Honest old folding hunter)

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
knife7knut

H.O.F.H.(Honest old folding hunter)

Post by knife7knut »

Went to an auto parts swap meet today looking for knives which for the past several years have turned up some nice pieces.Sadly the people displaying knives for sale mix them in with every miscellaneous piece they own so finding them can be difficult.
Found this one in a box of newly made Pacific Rim Junk.Well worn(and loved)bone handles with a small piece missing near the pile side center rivet;well sharpened but thankfully not with a grinder and a nice lozenge shield.Price on it was $20 but the guy readily went to $15 and rather than dicker I bought it.
Put a little oil on the pivot and cleaned the inside with a Q-tip and put a fresh edge on it and a little polish on the handles and bolsters.The tang stamp is very faint for some reason but there.Will probably fit a repair piece in the handle at some point but for now it will reside on my belt for awhile.Wonder what stories this one could tell?
Attachments
KA-BARFoldingHunter-15.00 001.jpg
KA-BARFoldingHunter-15.00 002.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: H.O.F.H.(Honest old folding hunter)

Post by Colonel26 »

That's a beauty. My kind of knife. I bet it takes a real nice edge.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”