KA BAR STORE DISPLAY

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
cattaraugus57

KA BAR STORE DISPLAY

Post by cattaraugus57 »

Howdy fellas,Wanted to share this Ka bar Store display I bought recently.
Have to replace the Knife display board and glass but it's not in bad shape fro the age.
I have the small piece for the bottom,I removed it to make it easier to install the board & glass.

Question: does anyone know what color the display board may have been?
2.does anyone have any photos of old ka bar display boxes?

thanks!
Attachments
DSC03858.JPG
DSC03861.JPG
"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
313 Mike

Re: KA BAR STORE DISPLAY

Post by 313 Mike »

Sorry, I have no idea...but great find! Be sure to post pics when you get it finished up, would like to see how she turns out!
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I'm with 313, I have no idea but that's cool. I'm sure somebody knows something. Hope they can help you fix that up. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

Thanks just the same Guys!...I will post some Pics when I get it done.
"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

If you look for old Kabar catalogs you just might find a picture of the display in the catalog as they were often sold to dealers with the knives included.

I just bought an old 1959 Camillus catalog that shows what my old display looked like originally.
I posted it in the Camillus forum: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 63&t=49452

I checked, but I don't have any Kabar catalogs. Maybe another member has some old Kabar catalogs and will post pics of a similar display.
Hopefully you can find an old Kabar catalog that will help you determine what the display looked like.

Best of luck finding a picture! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

Thanks Dale,that's what I'm hoping for....an old Catalog photo would provide some great clues.
Nice You found that old of a Camillus Cat!..excellant..
Maybe I should re post this into the questions section?...may reach more people.?

I'm going to make a Knife Board for it now and can always paint or re paint it later.
Going to attempt to find some decent looking older Kabars to put in it...prob put me in the Poor house though! :shock:

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”