My Ka-bars

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
mgdelpriore

My Ka-bars

Post by mgdelpriore »

I got these a while back. A small collection, hope to find more in my travels. Sorry about the poor pictures.
Attachments
P1000566.JPG
P1000567.JPG
P1000568.JPG
P1000569.JPG
P1000570.JPG
P1000571.JPG
P1000572.JPG
P1000573.JPG
wlf

Re: My Ka-bars

Post by wlf »

There were several selling across the top bar. I don't remember who's store,but if you go through the pages ,you'll see 'em.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Nice Ka-Bar's. Thanks for posting. And like wlf said, there's a guy here that sells awesome Ka-Bars.

Post by mgdelpriore »

Thanks guys, really not looking to buy any right now, but if i find one or two in my yard sale stops I'll pick them up. The last picture is a old union cut. co. with a missing bolster, do you think it's worth having it fixed? Tang on large blade says Ka-bar, the small one says union cut. co. olean n.y. u.s.a. on three lines. It has black comp. handles. I just need a pro. opinion. Thanks, Mike.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Not a pro, but I have an opinion about the last knife!

I have the brother to your knife, only mine is hot-stamped "Loom Fixer" into the mark side scale.
I bought it for, and use it in my EDC rotation. Well built knife and great steel.
I say yours is worth having fixed and put back to use ::tu::
Attachments
Kabar1.jpg
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
mgdelpriore

Post by mgdelpriore »

Royal, thanks for the input. I'm kinda new to aapk, do you know anyone who fixes Ka-bar?

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”