A price link(URL)

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

A price link(URL)

Post by Mossdancer »

If anyone thinks this worth posting. Have at it, seemed pretty informative to me. I was trying to find info on an older 1240 and happened onto it. If correct this knife was only made during 1979 and 1980. Rather unaccepted I would think. It was somewhat expensive for the time.
http://www.kabar.com/content/files/Hist ... ricing.pdf
moss
Attachments
IMG_0360 (1024x295).jpg
IMG_0362 (1024x251).jpg
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
Jamfish50

Re: A price link(URL)

Post by Jamfish50 »

Do you have a price link for early Ka-bars from olean first dates from the first building before they moved till now.jamfish50
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Sorry, no. Wish I did.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Nice little drop point there WB...that list is informative,,,vintage knives,, especially KA-BAR
have really went up in price in recent years...
Anyways...gives me a chance to wish ya a Happy New year WB....
and hopefully a DRIER one :lol:

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Printed, punched, and put in a binder for later quick reference. I'm gonna start making a binder with reference material for the brands I usually buy to take with me to flea markets for quick reference.

A lot of these were available a lot longer than I thought--the 1030 is a favorite of a buddy of mine, and the 1081 my only current Kabar folder. I always thought that they were mostly a 1960s through 1980s thing thing, but were available through 2000.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”