WANTED OLD MILITARY DOG TAGS

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
gino

WANTED OLD MILITARY DOG TAGS

Post by gino »

I am looking for Vietnam era or older us military dog tags I have a variety of knives to trade or would pay cash

PM me if you have any or come across any

Thanks
Gino
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
bighomer

Re: WANTED OLD MILITARY DOG TAGS

Post by bighomer »

Gino I don't have mine anymore although I had one made when I was visiting the big red one museum recently. I visit a couple of military forums and from what I see on them there is a lot fake dog tags coming from Nam, don't know if that would matter to you or not. just saying.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Passing mine down to the Grands. Four Grands, two dog tags. Guess I'll have to try and figure out if any of them give a sheite.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

The Marine Corps made me a 2nd set of dog tags when I got medevac home. I forget the reason why, as I had my dog tags on me but for some reason I ended up with a 2nd set of dog tags. Four dog tags and 6 children. ::dang::

Although, I had a set of dog tags that had my service number on them and then they gave me a new set of dog tags when they switched over to the Social Security numbers.
I must’ve had 3 sets. ::shrug::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

I've got a few (hundred) sets, dating back to 1908 I think. I've even got a few unusual sets, like one group that belonged to a fellow who served in the German army during WWII, then later in the US Army til retirement. Most sets, I have photos of the guy (or lady, in some cases) to whom they were issued, as well as notes and/or recordings of when they were interviewed about their time in the military. Most of the dogtags were given to me, a few were inherited or picked up at estate sales etc.

Eventually, some will be used as part of the illustrations for a book I've been toying with putting together. I think if I'd had better foresight back when I was in 2nd grade, I might have picked a more-manageable project; after 40+ years it is still growing.

And I have my dad's set. How they eventually came to me is something that still amazes me.

I occasionally see old sets at garage sales and flea markets. I'll try to remember this thread, and pick them up if the deal is good.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I'll keep my eyes posted for ya bud!! I'm at garage/yard/estate sales every weekend - but you already knew that! :wink:
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
gino

Post by gino »

That would be awesome guys I would really appreciate it.

Gino
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”