Vintage working BB guns

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
Black Lion

Re: Vintage working BB guns

Post by Black Lion »

Mossdancer wrote:If anyone is interested I ran across a couple of neat ones today at a collectibles shop in Washington. A Daisy Red Ryder and
Little Beaver number 750 of either 1000 or 1500. And a NRA special BB gun that looked like a Winchester 94. They were high priced but not off the charts.
moss
Was that Red Ryder/Little Beaver a two BB gun combo or just a single BB gun? Some people "advertise" the Red Ryder model 1938B as a Red Ryder/Little Beaver due to the artwork on the box it came in. The combo set is getting pricier every day due to their limited production.

The NRA version of the 1894 BB gun is model 5894 and produced in 1971-2. It's worth much more if accompanied by its mate; the model 5179 BB pistol. Both the 5894 and 5179 were also part of Texas Rangers and Wells Fargo commemorative sets. The model 179 (5179) pistol was a real disappointment to kids so was abused and/or discarded more times than not. The BB was propelled by being struck by a thin springs "arm". At 5 feet you might not dent a cardboard box....it was that weak.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Vintage working BB guns

Post by Mossdancer »

Yes, Both were in the set with what appeared all the packing and boxing material. As I remember the NRA was also a two piece type set.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”