Downsizing

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Downsizing

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

In an effort to thin down the pile a little, I am offering for sale this complete set of 28 volumes of the Time Life series, The Civil War. All are in excellent condition. Asking $100.00 USD plus shipping, Paypal or Postal Money order accepted. Volume 1 shown below.
IMG_4412.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
tongueriver

Re: Downsizing

Post by tongueriver »

Somebody will get a wonderful prize in that generous package! I have a stack of Knife World 3 feet tall, and 40 years of National Rifleman that need new homes (starting with 1945). Thanks for the great offer!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

tongueriver wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:00 am Somebody will get a wonderful prize in that generous package! I have a stack of Knife World 3 feet tall, and 40 years of National Rifleman that need new homes (starting with 1945). Thanks for the great offer!
I know it may be tough to sell books, nobody reads anymore. These would be real interesting for the Civil War buff or military reader with all the illustrations, battle maps, and reproduction pictures of old tintypes in the volumes. I also have 32 woodworking books I would like to move out, ranging from antique tool collecting, power and hand tool use and maintenance, to project plans. If anyone would be interested I have a list to email.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:09 am
tongueriver wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:00 am Somebody will get a wonderful prize in that generous package! I have a stack of Knife World 3 feet tall, and 40 years of National Rifleman that need new homes (starting with 1945). Thanks for the great offer!
I know it may be tough to sell books, nobody reads anymore. These would be real interesting for the Civil War buff or military reader with all the illustrations, battle maps, and reproduction pictures of old tintypes in the volumes. I also have 32 woodworking books I would like to move out, ranging from antique tool collecting, power and hand tool use and maintenance, to project plans. If anyone would be interested I have a list to email.
O.C. good luck ::handshake:: ... I have about 6000 non-fiction books mostly historical and many about WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Civil War, etc... I went to a couple of different swap meets about 6 times and had 2 yard sales. I always took 6 to 8 boxes of books to sell. My total sales were 2 books for $2.00 for all that effort. :x Good luck where you are... ::hmm:: ... out here I can't even give my books away anymore... :x It is a brave new world... ::skeptic::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:00 am
OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:09 am
O.C. good luck ::handshake:: ... I have about 6000 non-fiction books mostly historical and many about WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Civil War, etc... I went to a couple of different swap meets about 6 times and had 2 yard sales. I always took 6 to 8 boxes of books to sell. My total sales were 2 books for $2.00 for all that effort. :x Good luck where you are... ::hmm:: ... out here I can't even give my books away anymore... :x It is a brave new world... ::skeptic::
It may be a Brave New World, but a lot poorer one for the generation that does not read. Books will make a huge comeback someday. ::nod:: ::tu::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

cudgee wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:05 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:00 am
It may be a Brave New World, but a lot poorer one for the generation that does not read. Books will make a huge comeback someday. ::nod:: ::tu::
I hope so cudgee... ::hmm:: ...I got them stacked up everywhere... ::facepalm:: ... and I read all the time... in fact I don't have any way to watch the "telly"/television/cable TV, at my house... so radio and books it is... and sorting through and cleaning up some old pocket knives... :wink:
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Hats off to all readers!
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

That Civil War series is very well done. I passed mine down to my daughter-in-law and she loved it and is saving it for the grandsons. J.O'.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I have a big collection of military history books I am looking to pass on, I'll post some picture at some point. Not looking to get much out them, maybe some trade will do for something else I don't need... ::facepalm:: . I also have a huge Belt buckle collection. I would like to pass on some of the Belt buckles in bulk if somebody was interested, pictures to follow... at some point... hopefully before 2025... ::skeptic::

hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

I have that series, and I treasure it. You know, encyclopedias are out of date the minute they are printed. If they are even printing them anymore. But that Civil War Series is a relevant today as when it was printed. We took several volumes from that series with us when we toured various battlefields. They really enriched our self-guided tours.

And that price is a mere fraction of their worth or their purchase price. Good luck OLDE CUTLER.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

hardman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:58 pm
You know, encyclopedias are out of date the minute they are printed. If they are even printing them anymore.
That is true! But someday, if the lights go out and there are no computers, people will need encyclopedias again. Unfortunately most of them have ended up in landfills.

I knew a junior college instructor who specialized in history of Technology and technical writing. He said that if the lights do go out, one of the most valuable things you could have would be a set of Encyclopedia Britannicas from the late 1800s to early 1900s. He said in those days the encyclopedia would tell you how to locate, mine and smelt iron ore and then how to make your own steel. They also had a lot of practical information that was just good for everyday life. How invaluable would an article be on how to butcher a cow or a deer for someone who would never eaten meat that didn't come out of a package? Those old encyclopedias may be Lifesavers someday!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”