Just picked up my first Cripple Creek

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
Canadian collector

Just picked up my first Cripple Creek

Post by Canadian collector »

So happy with this knife
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Just picked up my first Cripple Creek

Post by Railsplitter »

We would love to see a picture if you have the capability.

I always jump at the chance to show off my one and only. I saw this one at a knife show and walked away. I'll never regret going back 5 minutes later to buy it.
Attachments
IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4749.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Railsplitter wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:45 pm We would love to see a picture if you have the capability.

I always jump at the chance to show off my one and only. I saw this one at a knife show and walked away. I'll never regret going back 5 minutes later to buy it.
Wow, that is a solid looking knife. ::tu::
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

cudgee wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:27 am
Railsplitter wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:45 pm We would love to see a picture if you have the capability.

Thanks, cudgee. It’s a beast. I sharpened the blades on my Wicked Edge and used it a few times at work. Posting those pics makes me want to put it back in my pocket again.
Rick T.

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That is one rugged looking folder Rick! ::tu:: I'm glad you were able to still get it after walking away, so often that's not the case! ::facepalm:: 8)
8)
robpa

Post by robpa »

Oh yea, thats a beaut. My bro has a doozie, I want one and am waitin for THE right one'
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:35 am
cudgee wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:27 am

Thanks, cudgee. It’s a beast. I sharpened the blades on my Wicked Edge and used it a few times at work. Posting those pics makes me want to put it back in my pocket again.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: I'm a sharpening geek, can't help myself. How do you like your Wicked Edge ???
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks guys. I’m really hoping that the Original Poster can post a pic or two.

I’m just dying to see that knife.
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

cudgee wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:39 am
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: I'm a sharpening geek, can't help myself. How do you like your Wicked Edge ???
I knew that, my friend. ::nod::

I like the Wicked Edge very much but I only use it for re-profiling. Touch ups are much more practical when done on a freehand stone which only takes me a couple minutes.

Here are a couple pics that I took after the Wicked Edge treatment. I like a nice wide bevel because it leaves plenty of room for several dozen touch ups before it needs re-profiled again. I highly recommend the Wicked Edge for anyone that has similar preferences.
Attachments
IMG_4825.JPG
IMG_4826.JPG
Rick T.

stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Gorgeous !!! Outstanding Stag !!!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:54 am
cudgee wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:39 am
I knew that, my friend. ::nod::

I like the Wicked Edge very much but I only use it for re-profiling. Touch ups are much more practical when done on a freehand stone which only takes me a couple minutes.

Here are a couple pics that I took after the Wicked Edge treatment. I like a nice wide bevel because it leaves plenty of room for several dozen touch ups before it needs re-profiled again. I highly recommend the Wicked Edge for anyone that has similar preferences.
Nice work. I like wide bevels on some of my knives depends on the knife. But another advantage of wide bevels is you can put much finer angles on them, i put a 13 degree angle on a cheap knife i have as an experiment, it's like a scalpel. Glad you like your Wicked Edge and good to see you still freehanding. Have a good weekend. :D
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are sweet, I have a 6 pack kicking around here somewhere. Is Bob Cargill still around?

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=57176&p=651949&hil ... ll#p651949
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Cripple Creek”