Queen era Barlow

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
Drukai

Queen era Barlow

Post by Drukai »

I have been interested in the Queen era Cripple Creek Barlow knives, have never had one in hand. Or heard how the quality is on them? As far as I know they were available in Stag, sawcut Honey and Strawberry bone..? I am in search of one for my small collection have a few GEC I could possibly trade or $$ appreciate it. Pic to keep it CC related :lol:
Attachments
C2894598-B8E4-4452-8A14-4BDC2A0EE19F.jpeg
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
EWMailman

Re: Queen era Barlow

Post by EWMailman »

Not sure that this is what you are looking for as I think this is not Queen but rather Black Jack. But thought I would post a couple of pics anyway.
Attachments
20210103_185036.jpg
20210103_184821.jpg
20210103_184905.jpg
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

Yeah that’s the ticket I think BlackJack was having Queen produce them! Great looking knife!
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Yes, they were made by Queen, I have a few and they are high quality.
bfgodlesky

Post by bfgodlesky »

Mike Stewart told me he had them handles in sawcut bone and stag. I have one in chestnut.....

Return to “Cripple Creek”