Question regarding Nutmeg state Barlow

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
MikeB

Question regarding Nutmeg state Barlow

Post by MikeB »

I recently got this Barlow With Nutmeg State etched on the bolsters both sides and Connecticut Knifemakers, Eagle knife co 1 0f 30 etched on the blade.
Tang stamp is Cripple Creek USA only, no place no year.
My question is there a way to know about the production year? I've read that all knives that were made after 1981 have the production year stamped on the tang.
IMG_20160923_084522.jpg

Thanks,
Mike
Mike
bkazz5

Re: Question regarding Nutmeg state Barlow

Post by bkazz5 »

Bob used that stamp when he was making knives in Lockport IL. He then moved to Old Fort TN and changed the stamp. If I remember that was in about 1985 +/-. I would guess that knife to be about 1983. He did a lot of other Barlows that year. Here is a pic of a stag Nutmeg and a few other creeks.
Attachments
Barlow Front.JPG
MikeB

Re: Question regarding Nutmeg state Barlow

Post by MikeB »

Thanks a lot for the info.
Those are great knives on the photo.

Mike
Mike

Return to “Cripple Creek”