My first Bulldog

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
lentuk
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

My first Bulldog

Post by lentuk »

I like single blade traditional knives, keeping a slim single blade knife in my pocket is just special to me.
I have recently got the 'Barlow bug' and have been searching for single blade Barlow's when I found this.
Anyone here have any information on this one?
187.jpg
186.jpg
188.jpg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My first Bulldog

Post by edge213 »

lentuk wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:35 pm I like single blade traditional knives, keeping a slim single blade knife in my pocket is just special to me.
I have recently got the 'Barlow bug' and have been searching for single blade Barlow's when I found this.
187.jpg
186.jpg
188.jpg
Great looking Barlow.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Congratulations on your first Bulldog. Real German made Bull Dogs are no longer made. The name is now applied to cheap China made knives. But you will find many of these classic Soligen made BDs right here in our AAPK stores. You have done real well with your first BD lentuk.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

lentuk wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:35 pm I like single blade traditional knives, keeping a slim single blade knife in my pocket is just special to me.
187.jpg
186.jpg
188.jpg
Hey, that handle is probably celluloid. If it is make sure to keep it away from other knives. Look up celluloid outgassing if you want to know why. I am about to eat dinner with my family so I can't explain it myself.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

MechanicalBear wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:52 pm
187.jpg
186.jpg
188.jpg
Hey, that handle is probably celluloid. If it is make sure to keep it away from other knives. Look up celluloid outgassing if you want to know why. I am about to eat dinner with my family so I can't explain it myself.

I believe this one is acrylic.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

Beautiful knife. I've got a few Bulldog Brand knives in my collection and it's been known that collectors tend to hold on to them for quite a long time. Yours is the first Bulldog barlow I've seen–so there may not be many out there. When they were made in Solingen they were among some of the nicest pocket knives ever sold.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Bulldogs are always welcome at my place and you've started with a knice one. Bet you add more. Congrats. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

edge213 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:40 am
MechanicalBear wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:52 pm
187.jpg
186.jpg
188.jpg

I believe this one is acrylic.
Ok, that's good, I wasn't sure haha. It's just Bulldog has used celluloid a lot in the past, so I just thought it may be celluloid.

Return to “European-made knives”