German Bulldog knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: German Bulldog knives

Post by Quick Steel »

I'll be looking for the German Shepherd.
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Thanks guys, I almost bid on a series of dog breed toenail celluloid from 1995 2 weeks ago on EBay. It was almost a complete set. Upon closer look you could see the celluloid shrinking away from the bolsters. It was a no go for me even at $75 apiece.
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hi guys, just one knife this morning and it's kind of an oddity. Its a Bulldog Garter Dirk women would wear under their dress on their thigh. These were made only in 1994 and had a stag handle. The blade has a friction fit folded leather sheath that was metal tipped and metal capped at the tiny finger guard. Total overall length is only 5 inches. Blade etch shows a Bulldog head and says Bulldog Brand Garter Dirk. I have not found any production numbers anywhere.
Attachments
0702190829.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Another really cool knife Targetman. I like those little knicker knives. That one is sweet. Original concealed carry. ::tu:: ::tu::
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hello guys, here are three Bulldog 3 5/8 inch 6 blade Scout knives. These were made in 2006. There were about 30 different celluloid handled knives made but only two natural handled knives made. The Stag and Buffalo horn variations were produced in quantities of 150 each. There were several exotic handle prototypes made but only in quantities of 10 each.
Celluloid knives did not have any master blade etch but the natural and exotic handled knives had a Bulldog Brand laser etch on the master blade.
Below are the Stag, Buffalo Horn, and Tiger Coral prototype examples that I have.
Attachments
0702190902.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I enjoy the variety you have Targetman. I'm kinda skittish of the celluloid as well. Great group. ::nod:: ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Super fine Target man. A trifecta!
mariacrow44

Post by mariacrow44 »

Targetman What A beautiful Story!! Thanks For Sharing. And A Beautiful Collection Of Bulldogs As Well.
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Thank you for your kind words. Glad you think my Bulldog collection has some merit. Thanks again.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Targetman, I've slowed a bit on the Bulldogs, just haven't spotted any ivories in my price range but I sure enjoy looking at and hearing about yours. Thanks. ::nod:: ::nod::
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hi Doglegg, I've seen some of the ivories you've posted and admire each and every one. I can appreciate a good piece of antique elephant ivory or fossilized mastadon ivory but it saddens me to see how ultra conservatives and left wing groups have pushed for total bans on the sale or even owning ivory of any kind. Harvesting of ivory was banned in the mid 60's and all ivory now must come from stocks of pre ban ivory. Mastadons have been extinct for 10,000 years and they want bans on even these dug up tusks.
This is madness, next they will want bans on bovine bone . Jim Parker used only pre ban elephant ivory on all his Bulldog Brand knives but now even EBay will kick out a knife listing of you outright call it ivory. Everyone is having to skirt around this by calling it exotic or some nonsense description. Be vigilant for in the future the ivory pieces we legally collect or sell now could be prohibited from ownership or being sold period. Doglegg, collect as many of the ivories as you can and enjoy them as long as you can. This is my rant for today, thank you.
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hello guys, below are 8 Bulldog Brand baby sunfish that were not included when I first started posting on this thread. These sunfish are all 3 inches closed and all have the sunfish shield. Baby sunfish were designed by Buzz Parker and most were limited to 60 pieces each during the early years.

1) Buffalo horn double dog head tang stamp with
Sunfish blade etch
2) Buffalo horn double dog head tang stamp Sunfish
Clip blade. 1 of 4 made
3) Pearl double dog head tang stamp plain blade
Clip style. Only 12 made
4) Pearl double dog head tang stamp Sunfish etch
Clip style. Only 12 made
5) Buffalo horn 1997 standing dog tang stamp. Sunfish
Etch. 1 of 10 made
6) Pearl. 1997. Standing Dog tang stamp Sunfish etch.
7) Pearl 1996 Standing Dog tang stamp. Pit Bull
Trademark blade etch
8) Green bone 1996 Standing dog tang stamp plain
Blade clip blade. Prototype. ( you've seen this one)
Attachments
0702190951a_HDR.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Wow! What a beautiful set. ::ds::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Targetman another coup!! Great looking knives. Wow!!! ::nod:: ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

:shock: :o ::tu:: ::tu::
Wow what a set!!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hey guys, sorry for the long break in pictures of my Bulldogs. I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last posted. I have another grandson and my wife and I couldn't be happier!. I will try to post some more pictures of German Bulldogs and USA Bulldogs. Blessings to everyone this new year and to many purchases of Bulldogs!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Targetman wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:28 am Hey guys, sorry for the long break in pictures of my Bulldogs. I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last posted. I have another grandson and my wife and I couldn't be happier!. I will try to post some more pictures of German Bulldogs and USA Bulldogs. Blessings to everyone this new year and to many purchases of Bulldogs!
Good to see you back, I wondered about you the other day in that I hadn't seen your post for a while. congratulations on the new grandson. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I am particularly looking forward to your photos of the USA Bulldogs.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Targetman wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:28 am Hey guys, sorry for the long break in pictures of my Bulldogs. I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last posted. I have another grandson and my wife and I couldn't be happier!. I will try to post some more pictures of German Bulldogs and USA Bulldogs. Blessings to everyone this new year and to many purchases of Bulldogs!
I’ve been wondering where you went off to. Glad you are back, hope to see some more of your great collection.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

Bulldog Scout
Attachments
Bulldog Scout.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

You have a very fine looking BD Scout. Only you can judge with the knife in hand, but it looks to me like an exceptionally high quality knife.
Congrats.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Vit not only are your Camillus knives wonderful that Bulldog is top notch as well. ::tu:: ::tu::
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

Quick Steel wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:59 pm You have a very fine looking BD Scout. Only you can judge with the knife in hand, but it looks to me like an exceptionally high quality knife.
Congrats.
Thanks. This is really a high quality knife at the level of GEC or S&M ::nod:: .
P.S. Do you have anything to do with AG Russell?
doglegg wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:22 pm Vit not only are your Camillus knives wonderful that Bulldog is top notch as well. ::tu:: ::tu::
I have many Camillus knives, and there is only one Bulldog Brand. So I bought what I liked best :mrgreen: .
quietly: Watch the Winchester forum. I posted several knives there and a few more are waiting in line 8) .
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Vit, I have no connection with AG Russell, other than being a great admirer of him and his contribution to our love of knives. His catalog opened me to the world of cutlery. RIP.
Targetman

Post by Targetman »

Hi again, first I would like to say many blessings to our Doctors, nurses, and first responders as our nation battles this Covid19 virus. I have been sheltering in place since mid March and am looking forward to seeing our nation come out of this pandemic stronger than before.
I will continue showing a few of my German made Bulldogs in my collection. Below is a set of four Calf Roper single blade lockbacks. These were 4 3/8 inches closed and made in 1996. The blades have the reverse frosted etch and the frame is of the long bolster kind.
The handles have AAA-1 grade pearl that have been scrimshawed in 4 different handle colors of green, red, black and blue.
I have not seen an official quantity that was made of this variation, but in Jim Parkers 1997 Dealer catalog he says that only 12 each are available. He also said there were plain blades available along with the etched blades. I personally have not seen any plain blades with the color scrimshaw pearl handles. If anyone has one, please post a picture.
Attachments
0512200902.jpg
0512200902.jpg

Return to “European-made knives”